Four || One pity drink or a whole bottle.

Damon opened the door to the basement and walked down the stairs, he entered a room where the blood bags and liquor were stored and opened the fridge to grab a blood bag.

"You've got to be kidding me." The fridge was empty.
"Guess I'll have to do it with you then." He sighed, grabbed a bottle of liquor and walked back up the stairs.

When Damon was upstairs his eyes followed a path to the living room, where he saw a shadow - he walked towards the room.

"Hello Damon." Stefan was leaning with his abdomen against the table, packing a bag with clothes, books and a few other stuff sitting in little boxes.
"Didn't expect to see you little brother, what are you doing here?" Damon sat down on one of the chairs and put the bottle from the basement next to him - he kept an eye on Stefan's bag, who was still busy packing it.

"Well, last time I checked.. This is still my home, I don't need an acceptable reason to be here." Stefan didn't look Damon in the eyes - Damon rolled his eyes.

"I am just packing some stuff, nothing important." He said after feeling a bit sorry for is last comment.

"For? Is there a sleepover I don't know about?" Damon joked.

"I need to bring some of this to Caroline." He realized that it was stupid to say that.

"Aha, there it is." Damon started creating a childish smile on his face - Stefan sighed.

"What do you mean?" He closed his bag.

"Oh come on brother, don't pretend like nobody knows about your little chemistry with Vampire Barbie." Stefan rolled his eyes, grabbed his bag and walked towards the front door - but Damon super speeded to Stefan to stop him.

"Wait, wait - hold it brother." Damon put his hand on Stefan's shoulder.
"Stay for one drink." Damon let out an innocent smile.
"No, thank you." Stefan tried to pass Damon, but it failed.
"Hey, we haven't talked to each other in almost two weeks, one little chat - that's all I will ask."

Stefan hesitated for a few seconds, but put his bag eventually on the ground - he walked back to the living room and poured himself a drink.

"One pity drink, Damon." He took a seat on the couch.

Damon grinned and followed Stefan back to the living room. He put himself down in his chair again and took a sip of the bottle from the basement.

"So.. Where is Elena? Since you a-" Stefan interrupted himself, the comment he was about to make would ruin the moment, he also wanted to have a normal conversation with Damon since he was the one agreeing to chat.

"Since what?"

"No, nothing." Stefan took a sip of his drink and waited for Damon to say something.

"She's with Jo at the hospital." Stefan nodded his head and took another sip, Damon did the same.

The conversation continued for two whole hours, without a starting a discussion - Elena texted Damon during the conversation but he didn't respond, he wanted some time Stefan, who was finally talking to him after trying to avoid Damon for the past weeks.

"I should get going now." Damon nodded, Stefan stood up and smiled at him.

"Thank you for staying, brother." Damon received Stefan's glass, he put his arm on Stefan's shoulder again.

Stefan nodded.

He left the living room, grabbed his bag from the ground and left through the front door, which was held open by Damon.

They exchanged one last smile at each other.

Damon closed the door and walked back to the living room, he grabbed the bottle from the basement (which was empty now), while holding Stefan's glass in his other hand - he put them both in the kitchen and grabbed his phone.

E: What r u doing?x - 13:58
E: Damon? - 14:30
D: Sorry, Stefan was here. - 15:13
E: Stefan? What did he say? - 15:18
D: Nothing important. - 15:18
E: Alaric is at home btw, don't know why he isn't picking up his phone. - 15:18
D: Thanks, I'll call him. - 15:19
E: Wait, he's busy marking student exams - 15:24
D: Boring - 15:24
E: Ahaha I'll be home in less than a hour x. - 15:24
D: See you then. - 15:25

Damon put his phone on the counter and washed Stefan's glass clean, he turned back to his phone again.

D: blood bags? Stash is empty. - 15:28
E: Got it, see u later! - 15:28

Damon grabbed his jacket and left the house to feed himself, he hadn't had the patient to wait for Elena and he was bored anyway.
He walked down the road, waiting for someone to come - minutes passed and Damon caught an eye on two lady's walking down on the opposite side of the street, holding a bunch of shopping bags - they were laughing with each other.
Damon rolled his eyes and crossed the street, walking towards them.

"Hello ladies." Damon smiled vilely and looked them both in the eye.
"Can we help you with something?"
One of the lady's sighed is boredom.

They both looked around forty, Damon wasn't impressed with their attitude and the facial expression they were giving him.

"Actually, yes... But which one could help me out.." Damon clicked with his tongue, both ladies looked confused.

"Eenie.. meenie.. miney.. moe." Damon looked the lady on the left in her eyes and smirked.

"Well, I think it's your lucky day miss."

"I want you to stay where you are and be silent, while I'm going to feed on your little lady-friend over here." Damon compelled her and pointed out to her friend standing next to her.

The other women's eyes widened.
"What do you mean? What are you-" Her voice cracked.
Damon held her arm.
"Stay where you are, don't say a word." He compelled her too, her eyes were still wide open from fearfulness.

Damon grabbed the back of her neck and took a
bite from the side, he fed on her.

...

Damon released himself of her neck.

"Well, that wasn't so bad right?" Damon said, his mouth was covered in blood - the bite on the woman's neck was dripping of blood. Damon let go of her arm and the woman moved her hand to her neck - she wanted to scream but couldn't.
Damon opened her shopping bag and pulled out a pink scarf laying in there.

"Isn't this a wonderful scarf? I could probably just heal you, but that would ruin the fun right?" He put the scarf around the neck from the women and patted her on her shoulder.

"There you go..." Damon nodded.

"You and your friend are going to forget everything that happened in the past minutes. Walk away and enjoy the rest of your day, it was a pleasure meeting you both." He compelled them both and they nodded their heads, Damon smiled at them.

Damon super speeded away, but stopped to look back at lady's.
The woman Damon fed on screamed because of the pain in her neck, Damon smirked and went home.