Chapter Twenty-Five

A/N: Don't play the song until I tell you to, I'll put a note as to when to play it.

Colton's POV

Graduation is tonight. Tonight is the night where I finally get the freedom from High School, California here I come. Brielle has been packing her necessities knowing that we have to pack lightly for the trip, me on the other hand I'm already packed. After my parents situation I had to go and clean out all of my stuff.

Brielle is currently out finishing up some last minute paperwork for early graduation, I love Brielle I really do but... I don't know if she should come with me.

I really want her to but if she does I would always feel like she is following my dream and not hers, I don't want her just to follow me to California out of love, I want her to follow me there because it's her dream also. The doorbell interrupted my thoughts, that's weird Brielle has a key... I opened the door to find a UPS delivery guy, "Good afternoon Sir, is there a Brielle Kelly here or any family of hers?" I can't get the envelope being just her boyfriend, "Uh... No. I'm sorry Brielle is not here but I'm her... fiancé." He eyed me suspiciously before handing me over the envelope, "Have a nice day." He gave me a small nod "You too."

I took a glance at the envelope then threw it on the table. A word on the envelope caught my eye, NYU . What?!? New York University? Why is she getting a envelope.. a very large envelope might I add.. from NYU? The door swung open and in strolled Brielle she saw me and gave me a beautiful smile, "Hi there Softie!" She leaned in to kiss me but I moved back angry and confused, she noticed my behavior and my clenched jaw, "Are you okay?" I slid the envelope towards her, "What is this?" I seen her smile instantly drop when she saw the envelope.

"Co-Colton it's no-not what you t-think." I bit the inside of my cheek to keep from yelling, "Then what is it? Because to me it looks like you applied to NYU and you didn't tell me. What happened to California?!? Why would you enroll-" She cut me off her eyes getting teary eyed, "Because I didn't apply!"

"What?!?" She sighed before going over to the couch with me following behind her, "I didn't apply... Mr. Fredrickson... my English teacher loved one of my essays, he told me about NYU's Creative Writing program and told me how they're doing a scholarship for the best essay. I told him I didn't want to do it... but I guess he sent it in anyway." I took a deep breath, "Do you want to go?" I closed my eyes not wanting to here her reaction, "Of course not! I want to go to California with you!" I opened my eyes to look at her wide eyes

"I know... but you told me that you fell in love with writing and you would like to do it for a career." She shook her head, "I did... but I fell in love with something else also... and I want to have my love for you as a career."

A/N: Okay play the song now!

"Brielle, I-I.." She wiped a stray tear away, "I can't let you do t-that. I can't let you choose me over your future... I just can't." She looked away from me closing her eyes taking deeo breaths, "I don't want you to come to California with me.." Her head immediately shot up and she opened her mouth to say something as I continued speaking, "No, I do want you to come... but, I can't let you come." She stood up and started walking towards her room I grabbed her arm to turn her around, "Brielle! Please just don't be mad." She angrily wiped her tears of her face, "How can I not be mad?!? You told me to graduate early so I could come to California with you! You told me to take the classes at CU so I could come to California with you! You told me that you wanted a future with me so I could come to California with you! And I told you that I would come with you because I love you!" Her finger jabbing into my chest after each sentence, I grabbed her hands by her side so I was restraining them, "Stop! Okay?!? Just let me explain.. Yes I told you to graduate early. Yes I told you take classes at CU. Yes I told you I wanted a future with you and I still do! But I can't let you come because I love you!"