Chapter Three

This character in the picture above will be described later on in the chapter.
________________________________________

Brielle's POV

"Colton what the hell are you doing here?!?" I asked lowering the bat down to my side,

My question apparently made him angrier than he already was, with his eyes darkening "NO, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING HERE?" I flinched away from him scared about his obvious anger.

He noticed my sudden movement and his eyes darted away from mine to the floor for a split second as if he was remembering something, not lowering his voice any "WE WERE SUPPOSED TO MEET AFTER SCHOOL FOR TUTORING, I AM NOT GOING TO RUIN MY REPUTATION ON YOU, THE "SWEETHEART" OF BRADLEY LAKES, BECAUSE HONEY LETS FACE IT YOU ARE ANYTHING BUT A SWEETHEART."

That is when I snapped, "You know what Colton, IF YOU THINK THAT I AM "RUINING YOUR REPUTATION" THEN PLEASE, BE MY GUEST, QUIT!! I DONT NEED A TUTOR AND I ESPECIALLY DONT NEED YOU!! YOU DONT CARE ABOUT MY GRADES OR ME. SO PLEASE... just leave like you a-always d-do." I yelled straight toward his face, my voice breaking at the last two words.

He didn't respond he walked toward me, each step he took I took one step back. He caged me up against the wall, pining my arms down by my side. "Don't you EVER say I don't care for you, I always did and I always will." He said with a this sudden calmness, his hot breath was. blowing on my face making me breathless, I responded with the same amount of calmness that he gave me. "Then w-why did y-you l-leave me?"

He released his grip on me, "It isn't that simple, you can't just change the whole subject and bring THAT up."

"Please tell me Colton, because what I'm thinking is probably worse than it is. Please." I begged.

With that he walked to my couch, running his hand through his hair. "Brie I-I..." "Brielle" I interrupted. He sighs continuing on, "Brielle, what I did back then is really hard to explain... we were at such a young age and with what ha-happened I-I had to, it was to much of a reminder coming here everyday. I still don't..." That's when I interrupted him,

"Reminder? Are you freaking kidding me?!? Colton every reminder we ever had is gone, we threw it out. So don't try and say that things in this house were to much of a reminder for you." I told him tears brimming my eyes.

"Brielle, can you just shut up for one minute while I explain? Yes you're right you did throw out objects that were reminders, b-but t-there was one reminder that no one could get rid of." he explained confusing me even more.

"GOD, BRIELLE IT'S YOU OKAY? IT'S YOU!!" there it was, I broke down.

Colton must of felt awkward because he reluctantly put his hand on my back trying to comfort me, not succeeding at this he sighed and pulled me on to his lap. I then cried into his shirt, not caring how he saw me at that moment or what he thought of me.

I needed this and it sure felt like he needed it to.

I woke up on my couch, my nose filled with strong cologne which was coming from the body that I was snuggled up to, WAIT..... WHAT?!?!?! I shot up and darted into the bathroom, I heard footsteps padding on the floor as they reached the door, then came a strong knock.

"Brielle, it's Colton, I u-uh really think we should talk about what happened last night."

I took a deep breath and opened the door, Colton was avoiding to look me in the eyes... meaning something was really bothering him.

"Hey, Colton it's okay you can tell me." I assured him.

This earned a glare from him "Just because I'm telling you this does not mean that's we are friends"

"Oh, don't worry Colton I never wanna be connected to you ever again, and ill make sure I don't let myself fall into that trap again." I told him as he went to sent down the couch... the couch we were just snuggled up on a minute ago.

"Look Brielle, I shouldn't have snapped at you like I did last night okay? I was mad at you for bringing.... THAT up and I had to let some steam off on someone... and I guess what I'm saying is, I-I'm sorry it was y-you." Did he just?!?!? HE DID!!

"C-Colton d-did you just apologize to m-me?" I asked grinning as he scratched the back of his neck awkwardly

"Look don't get a big head," he sighs, "I guess I should explain to you about what I meant yesterday, so... uhh. okay here it goes. You are the constant reminder Brielle, nothing else in this house was except you. You were the reminder because y-you were always around u-us, it was hard to say you were my sister because no matter how much time we spent together I knew it was more than a brother/sister bond, every time we would touch I would get these tingles and I knew there was something more to us then just "siblings" when I figured out my correct feelings o-or whatever you call what I had, I told him how I thought I felt about you and he yelled some punched me around, and he told me to leave."

A tear fell down his cheek and I reached up and wiped it away, why? why would you do that? He looked to me then back down at the floor and started again,

" That is the last memory of him, and every time I looked at you I saw my screaming best friends face filled with hatred for me, for being honest about my confused feelings that I had for you. I had to leave you, YOU were the only thing that reminded me of HIM, my bestfriend."

"Y-your best friend?... Colton he was MY B-BROTHER don't you think that I could have used the comfort of MY best friend? YOU were my best friend, we did literally everything together until that day and y-you l-left." Tears were already pouring out of my eyes again.

"I'm so sorry Brielle, I know that I shouldn't have left I just couldn't stay and be reminded of how your brother died because of me."

I gaped at him shocked, did he really think Blake died because of him?

"Don't you dare say that, Blake (Picture above) did not die because of you, he chose to take those pills, it was his decision. You cannot blame this on yourself, he has other problems going on that we didn't know about."

Colton then looked at me with a huge grin, "Thank you for that Brielle. So now that you understand do you think that maybe we can be friends again?"

Say
No,No,No

"Yes, I would love to be friends with you again!" I responded with a cheeky grin.

Do you not listen to me?

Maybe I should have.
________________________________________

Hi!! Thank you to everyone who is reading my new story, I know the first two chapters might have been kind of confusing with the back in forth between Colton and Brielle, I hope that I explained the backstory well enough for you to understand.

Thank you again for reading!!
Byeeee,