Chapter Fifteen

Now it's Dustin's turn to dance in his bedroom. Here's the song he dances to and join him!!!! 

ENJOOY!

~

Dustin's P.O.V

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!

I nearly told him I loved him!

I nearly kissed him!

OH EM GEE!

The boy was straight for crying out loud. I had to keep it low key or I was going to drive myself insane with desire. 

I never imagined this would happen though. I mean, in the past three years I'd been obsessing over him, I'd never thought I'd ever say hi to him, let alone have a full on conversation, sit with him at lunch, walk him home and hug him goodbye. It was like a dream come true.

A horrible torturous dream where you feel like you're running in slow motion and a monster is chasing you and you're trying to get something that's just out of reach but you wake up before you get it. That was now my life.

Except there wasn't an actual monster with fangs and purple fur. Why do all my monsters have purple fur? Search me. I wish Memphis would search me. Oh Dustin, that was awful, you should be ashamed of yourself. 

I hung my head in shame as I stepped into my room, but I was secretly grinning at my feet. I put my bag down by my bed and went over to my CD player and blasted some rocking tunes.

My whole room shook to 'Judas – Lady Gaga'. I belted the lyrics, dancing around my rom.

"I think Memphis likes you. Don't you?" Benjamin asked me, appearing on my bed with his arms crossed over his chest. I stopped flailing and looked at him, sighing.

"Don't start," I said to him, crossing my own arms over my own chest. "You always get my hopes up. He's straight, and I'm a boy." He ran his hand through his hair and ruffled it.

"I don't know... Those blushes seem pretty gay to me." He laughed.

"He's... he's probably just feeling awkward about being around a gay kid?" I shrugged. 

"Sure... I didn't notice Rory blushing around you though."

"He... well... shut up," I stammered. 

"Suit yourself. If you want to stay lonely in your denial. But Dorian likes you, and you know it." And Benjamin disappeared. 

Let me explain this to you as best I could. It was really hard for me after my parents were killed. I was not only damaged by it physically, but severely traumatized mentally. My mind had actually blocked out the memory of the moment it had happened. The first thing I remembered was waking up in the hospital bed, with a boy sitting on the end of my bed staring at me.

I found out pretty quickly that no one else could see him, which only made things worse. I got really upset about it. I could see him, talk to him, and he could talk back, and no one else could. For a while, everyone insisted he wasn't real, that it was some sort of psychological thing my brain had conjured up as a coping mechanism. Benjamin was what my psychologist liked to call 'My mind's projected image of someone for me to care about, and would care about me, after my parent's accident." 

Back then it had gotten me into a lot of fights at school. My teachers and aunt and uncle had just thought it was a reaction to the accident. But after a while they'd taken me to a counsellor. The nice lady, Helen, had explained it all to me, and at first I hadn't accepted Benjamin wasn't real and I'd cried for days. My uncle had come to me one night and said,