Chapter One

© Copyright to Mouki21

This story has been reworked and edited in celebration of a decade since it's publication.

ENJOY!

~

Dustin P.O.V

There he was in all his glorious sex god glory. 

Memphis Dorian... 6.4ft. of lush tan skin with a head of soft short brown hair and the most beautiful blue eyes I've ever seen in my entire life.

 Sometimes it felt like those eyes were staring right through me. 

They probably were - because Memphis Dorian would never look twice at me. I was just a grease mark on the wall to him.

Memphis walked across the cafeteria with his tray of food and sat in his usual chair over at his usual table; girls gathering all around him. One of them was brushing his hair with her long fingers, another was trying to engage him in excited conversation. A few of his football team mates were tossing a football around and making a lot of noise, while the cheerleaders watched them, giggling. 

Slowly and sadly, I turned back around in my chair and poked my meatloaf with my fork glumly, resting my head in my hand.

"Well mister meatloaf... what do you have to say for yourself before I eat you?" I asked the meatloaf in my normal voice.

"Enjoy!" I answered in a deep voice.

"Oh thanks meatloaf, I will," I replied normally again. I picked up my fork eagerly and got ready to eat, when...

"LOOK OUT!" someone cried.

*SMACK*

Something smashed into the back of my head. I hunched under the pain that had suddenly shot through my skull.

"Ouch!" I winced, turning in my seat while rubbing the back of my head. Rory, Memphis' best friend and co-captain of the football team, was rushing over to me. He bent when he got to me and picked up the ball.

"Sorry man," Rory said apologetically. I could see sweat all over his skin from tossing the ball around. I totally dug the European look, so I had to admit, he was hot. But I only had eyes for Dorian.

"S'okay," I mumbled. 

Rory waited for a second, looking at my face, then he shrugged and ran off to his friend. I glanced over to see Memphis and everyone at his table looking at me. I blushed and turned away, back to my intimate conversation with my meatloaf.

"Sorry about that little delay, I'll eat you now," I apologized to the meatloaf.

"Go ahead, Dustin." 

"What are you doing?" someone laughed. 

I looked up in surprise to see a girl with blonde hair and blue eyes from my English class standing beside me, holding onto the back of my chair. She was really quite pretty, and I often found her hanging around with Memphis between classes. 

Why had she come over to talk to me?

"Just enjoying my lunch," I muttered. 

She smiled, and I thought to myself, if I was straight this girl would be my type. But she was in Memphis' crowd, and I was like the bottom of the food chain, below the bottom; I sucked.

"This seat taken?" she asked me, nodding to the spare chair beside me. I shook my head and she sat down. 

I glanced over my shoulder to her usual group of friends, and saw them all watching us, obviously confused. A few even looked mad. I turned bright red and looked away.