Chapter Ten

Here it is! Chapter ONE ZERO! Hope you like another look into Memphis' p.o.v!

Votes and comments if you want me to do a chap from Rory p.o.v!!!!!

Also Dustin and his theme song <3

Enjoy!

~

Memphis' P.O.V

Okay, so I have to make a mental note to myself. Do whatever it takes to stay away from Dustin Erickson! He was cracking my shields and breaking me down so that I laughed in public... and smiled. God what would happen then? 

Yeah okay, so it's not a sin to laugh or smile. Sure it felt amazing. But I just couldn't, once I started showing one emotion the others would slowly follow and then everyone would know.... everything. I wasn't ready for people to know that yet. The horror still haunted me, it all still too fresh in my mind. 

I shook my head and walked into the cafeteria. Aisling bounded over to me and hugged me tightly.

"Good morning," she sung.

"Ash, it's afternoon," I pointed out.

"I know," she giggled, "But Dustin always says morning, even at night." I rolled my eyes. Don't mention Dustin to me. My eyes flicked over to his table to see him sitting there alone with his back to the door. My jacket was hanging over the back of his chair. Oh god, he still had to give it to me, I had to see him. Should I run?

"Come sit with us," Ash demanded, grabbing my wrist and dragging me over to Dustin. Please give me the strength to resist him. Ash shoved me into an empty chair and then sat in other. Dustin looked up.

"No, get up you're squishing him!" Dustin cried at me, pointing to my chest. I frowned and looked at Ash.

"Sorry Dustin," she said and pulled me to my feet, putting me down into another chair. Huh? Dustin relaxed and started mumbling things I couldn't hear. I turned to stare are Ash with questions all over my face.

"Dustin has an invisible friend called Benjamin. I accidentally put you in his seat," she explained matter-of-factly. I looked at Dustin with shock and he blushed, putting his head down. Oh my god, that was so cute. DON'T SMILE DON'T SMILE DON'T SMILE! This wasn't going to be an easy lunch.

"Oh," I managed to say. Dustin reached behind him and held out my jacket to me.

"I washed it," he said, grinning an adorable grin that made me dizzy. I took the jacket and put it on... what was that? I breathed in a long slow breath. My jacket smelt like... cinnamon? Yum!

"You guys want anything for lunch?" Ash asked, getting up and looking between us.

"I'll have a choc milk and a chicken sandwich please," Dustin said, "Oh and Benjamin will have a pudding!" I clenched my hands into fists under the table. Ash turned to me.

"Same," I managed to mutter through clenched teeth. Dustin looked at me with concern.

"You feeling okay?" he asked as Ash walked away to queue.

"Fine," I said and looked away. Why did I suddenly feel like I was a sparkling vampire resisting fresh meat? Except I wasn't a hungry vampire and this was a young innocent boy who actually had more than one expression.

"So how's school?" Dustin asked me, trying to chat.

"Boring," I replied. I looked around the room and saw Rory walk in through the double doors. I waved him down and once he took in where I was sitting he came over.

"Where's Ash?" he asked me right away, ignoring Dustin. Rory happened to sit in Dustin imaginary friend's seat.

"NO!" Dustin cried, throwing an eraser at Rory. My throat tickled, ready to laugh.

"Ow, what the hell was that for?" Rory hissed, rubbing the side of his head with his hand. I glanced at Dustin who looked outraged and then sad. He slumped back into his chair and looked over at Ash. I wanted to hug him.

"Benjamin doesn't want to join us anyway," he sobbed in a whisper. Rory didn't seem to hear, but I did and I nearly had a heart attack as I watched him pouting.

My agony dragged on all lunch. I was thankful to have food to distract myself, and Rory and Ash here to keep up a conversation. The three of them were now talking about the English assignment due tomorrow.

"... Hamlet was just trying to avenge his father's death," Ash was saying.

"Hamlet is a douche," Dustin commented.

"No he wasn't," Ash argued back playfully.

"Yes he was, he threw away his love for Ophelia," Dustin shook his head all sassy again. I gritted my teeth.

"He didn't throw it away, she went mad," Rory defended Ash.

"Because he abandoned- AHHHHH!" Dustin cried, leaping to his feet. Everyone in the cafeteria was looking at him; he was jumping up and down and shaking his leg. Ash shot to her feet.

"What is it?" she asked him, slightly panicked.

"OH MY GOD THERE IS A BUG ON ME!" Dustin cried, a few people laughed and everyone went back to their own business while Ash tried to steady Dustin. I got up to help. I grabbed Dustin around the chest with both arms and held him still Ash got the bug. She laughed and brought it up to head height, which only made Dustin squeal and wriggle in my arms... his back pressing against my chest. SHIT! I let him go and he hid behind a chair.

"It's only a ladybug," Ash laughed and took it over to the open window. Dustin cowered behind the chair until the bug was gone and then straightened, brushing his shirt and coughed.

"Yes, well..." he said in a deep manly voice. NO! Just as my body was about to force me to react, the bell went.

"Saved by the bell!" Dustin cried, grabbed his book bag and dashed from the cafeteria with his arms above his head cackling like a loon on loon tablets. I whacked myself on the chest a few times and coughed to cover up the slight chuckle that escaped my lips.

"See you later," I said and headed off in the opposite direction. That was close. Remind me never to do that again! I can't touch him. I can't touch him. God, I wanna touch him. 

~