Chapter Sixteen

Favorite human; this chapter and the rest of this book is for you❤ I appreciate you for everything.

*_*

So much has happened in the past months ,the girls are already in their third year of studies in the university. They have become inseparable over the years, they share the good and bad days in life. They never slack in their studies making Uncle Mujaheed proud of them. He spends lavishly on them, credits their accounts with money every chance he gets and their families aren't left behind either. His kindness affects his wife making her envious of the girls. She hates it whenever he does something good. She want to be the only person enjoying his wealth and the luxurious life he can offer.

"I don't like the way you spoil this girls dear" she voiced out to Mujaheed one fateful evening.

"What do you mean by that?" He thought she has changed for the better, he thought the Afra whose heart is filled with malice and envy is long gone not knowing that she's still there, unrepentant and ready to pounce.

"The way you send them money and buy them gifts whenever you travel. Don't you think paying their fees, letting them stay in this house eating our food for free, having a car and a driver at their disposal and even paying for their flight to and from home is more than enough?" She explained, not ashamed of herself or scared of what he might say knowing that he is a very generous man who never gets tired of giving.

"Am not surprised hearing this from you.  I just thought you've turned over a new leaf seeing your relationship with the girls but alas! You're still the same old you. I've told you times without number that you can never change me, I will never stop using my wealth to earn Allah's pleasure. What do you want me to do with the enormous wealth Allah blessed me with if not to help those in need? None of us know when we will return back to Allah, we don't have a child to inherit us, we have more than enough to last us a lifetime in contentment. Why don't you for once drop your love for this dunya and work for your aakhirah?

Why are you always against doing anything that will not benefit you alone. Am tired of going over this issue with you Afra. This should be the last time you'll speak to me about anything concerning these girls or anyone else" he bellowed storming out of the room with a loud bang.

Afra lay there motionless for a while unable to comprehend what her husband just did. He's too protective of the girls, he's always happier whenever he is around them. It seems like his hands are itching him to spend money on them. He was even suggesting taking them abroad for their masters degree after their Bsc. He's working harder than before, making new business alliances all in the name of giving them the very best of everything.

She's tired of being a spectator while her husband spends lavishly on others. She wanted to get the latest model of her current car but he told her to wait till next month.

"I'm going to make their lives in this house a living hell" she silently made a vow before drawing the duvet up to her torso having no intention of pacifying her angry husband. She know that he's the kind that doesn't stay angry for long especially at her. She need not to apologize, he will come to her and ask for reconcilement when he has cooled off. She drifted into a dreamless slumber with those thoughts.

*_*

"Lover girl, help me with your charger please" Aysha said, tapping Amina who is busy jotting down notes.

"How many times do you want me to tell you that I hate that name ehh? Why the hell are you guys calling me lover girl? Do I look like I've gone wacko in love?" She fumed, raising a brow in question to an amused Aysha.

"Dallah malama give me your charger. I don't have time to go over things you already know" Aysha said, putting out her hands to collect the charger.

"Unfortunately for you, I left it at Mufeedah's earlier today. You can ask  your other sisters" Amina mumbled.

"You know that they will not even listen to me. Let me just go and get it. There is phone accessories shop nearby"

She took out a long hijab hanging on the lone couch in the room donning it over her T_shirt and trousers.

"Don't stay out long, it's almost maghrib" Amina warned with a hint of humor in her voice. She is using Aysha's words against her. Aysha gets scared whenever she stay out late. The moment the adhan for maghrib hits her ears, she will be disconcerted until she gets back home.

"Blast you Aminatu. Blast you" she shouted from the door raising a middle finger.

She hurriedly walked down the street, bought two extra chargers in case it gets spoilt again rushing back home. She met Afra in the living room fuming in anger. Knowing that they are now cool with her she smiled and sat beside her.

"Aunty waya taba mana kene kam? Why are you looking angry?" She enquired with a hint of laughter in her voice.

Afra shot her a freezing glare before saying " you want to know what's wrong with me huh? Then I'll tell you and the other gold diggers you now call sisters. I hate you! I hate the sound of your voices in this house, I hate to open my eyes and see your ugly faces in this house. I can't bear the fact that you've done nothing to deserve all the things my husband is working hard to do for you" she flailed her arms in exasperation.

Aysha was shocked to her core. She never expected such vile words coming from Afra but as the saying goes 'hali zanen dutse" most people don't change over night and it's hard to purify a heart that is ungrateful for the blessings of Allah and envious of the blessings of others.

"You will have to bear seeing us a little bit longer aunty. We are not gold diggers and Alhamdulillah, we all have parents that can cater for our basic necessities. If you truly hate us, you can leave this house and come back next year because we are going nowhere. Besides, you didn't bring us here and you definitely can't send us out"  Aysha calmly stated despite the rage brewing inside her.  She respects uncle Mujaheed and Afra like her own parents but she won't sit back and listen to her insult them like that.

She ascends the stairs taking two steps at a time trying to catch her breath and not explode. She met the girls in the same room with sombre expressions on their faces.

"From the way you come in, I know that you have met the reincarnated witch " Hasny observed, folding her arms.

"Yes I did and by Allah I almost slapped the rubbish out of her head. What has she done to you guys" replied Aysha removing her hijab.

"So many hurtful things babe. she said so many things and we all are too shocked to comprehend most of it. She called us gold diggers sha, and something about hating our entire existence. That we should all go back to our poor parents and she will make our lives miserable" Waheedah narrated with a faraway look on her face.

"Let us not take what happened to heart. Am sure she's possessed or she is under the influence of friends" Amina meekly stated. Finding it hard to believe her own words.

"Whatever the case may be. We should all try to avoid her. Let's not tell uncle anything for the mean time. Allah will never give her the power to disgrace us.  It Is a matter of months before we finally go our separate ways. She will miss us, she will wish to see us again but it will be impossible for her to do that" Kubrah said, wiping a stray tear. She has gotten used to being close to Afra. They are always sharing new recipes and cooking ideas and she's always the one accompanying her to social functions.

"For the first time in my life, I'm out of words girls. I am too confused to think straight. The witch is back and this time around it's either her or us in this house" Hasny fumed.

*_*
Who saw this coming? Definitely not me 🤥

Show some love guys. You know what to do but I'll still remind you. Press the star button below, drop a comment and wait for the next update.

Thank you.