Chapter Fifteen

Afrah woke up with a pounding headache and high fever , shivering and trying to pick her phone on the side table to call for help. She thought of who will help her in town and it dawned to her that she's not in good terms with her friends and allies , resorting to her one and only option she let her guard down and dialled Amina's number whom she hasn't call for ages.

Amina heard the sound of her phone ringing in her sleep and she tossed towards it,picking it up she heard a muffled sound of Afrah's voice sounding like she's in pain.
" hello Amina, please come and take me to the hospital I'm really sick " she said and before she says another word , Amina dashed to the bathroom ,washed her face and takes an abayah hanging in her closet, she hastily takes her wallet and car keys.
She helped Afrah dressed and she quickly takes her to the hospital where she is being taken to the emergency room for immediate medical attention.

She was admitted and Amina called Mujaheed informing him of Afrah's condition , he shows his concern and promised that he'll make sure he comes back in three days .

Within those days, Amina took care of Afrah like she will to her own mother , she shows how much she cares about her and how much she means to her which surprised Afrah .

Every morning ,Amina will bring her breakfast and help her clean up ,she'll keep her company by telling her stories or reading a book to her, she once make a conference call with the girls and they all wish her quick recovery. Looking back , she knows that she didn't do anything to deserve such kindness from the girls ,but still they showed nothing to her but pity as to her condition and prayers for her quick recovery.
After a week she was finally discharged and she feel ashamed of all the things she had done .

*-*
Today is another happy day for Amina because the girls were back from their respective homes and this time around there was no fight between them , just them happy and content.

"Assalamu alaikum , you girls should come downstairs for dinner " says Afrah knocking the door to their room .They all looked surprised except Amina who shrugged it off ." okay aunty " they chorused in answer.

During dinner , Afrah engages them in small talks , asking them about their holiday , family , friends and how much they miss school and their friends .They were all surprised but seeing the fact that she is not faking it this time .They all warmed up to her and they talked about a lot of things after which they moved to the living room to watch a movie she suggested .

Things are good between them , they share a very close relationship with Afrah now because she is now trying to make amends for all the things she has done in the past .Amina is closer to her because she has always wished to have this kind of relationship with her. She looks happier and lively around the people she interacts with. Fahad too noticed that , because she is now more open to him , cracking jokes and teasing him whenever she gets the chance , he couldn't be more happier because that's what he always wanted and now that Afrah had turn over a new leaf he can't wait to formally ask for her hand in marriage.

" whatsup Aysha please come and accompany me to the mall " says Hasny with her best pleading and innocent face ." To do what if I may ask ?" Answered Aysha who is busy typing an assignment in her laptop ." just get up please sweetheart, I will buy you a huge box of chocolate that will never ever finish till you die" says Hasny who is now loosing patience and dragging Aysha towards the door .She has no option than to oblige reluctantly and follow the devil herself.
" God ! I hate you so much Hasny " says Aysha who is running out of patience because they have been at the mall for over an hour ." I love you too bunny , give me five minutes and we will be gone in a blink of an eye" says Hasny winking at Aysha .Aysha huffed muttering this is not funny under her breath .

Back at home , it seems like Aysha is the only one who is left in the dark , the house is decorated with balloons and glittering objects all over .She asked and no one seem to be interested in her question neither offer her an answer.

" Aysha go and take a shower and wear the dress on top of your bed " says Afrah to her .She walked to the room like a zombie following Afrah's command .She came out , dried herself and applied light make up.She was stunned when she saw the beautiful dress picked out for her. She thought long and hard about what is actually going on in the house but she couldn't figure anything out .

As soon as she stepped out of the room , loud excited voices chorused 'surprise and happy birthday Aysha.' She stood there mouth agape ,unmoving and too stunned to even offer them a smile .How can she forget her own birthday ?.

"Because I love you more than I do love myself , I keep track of your birthday " says kubrah hugging her.

"Because I do love you more than I love myself I suggested that we throw a special birthday home party for you " says Waheedah smiling .

"Because I love you more than I love myself I bake a birthday cake for you " says Amina giggling .

"Because I love you more than I love myself , I took you out to the mall and bought all the gift items right in front of your eyes " says Hasny with mischief.

"Because I love you so much , I bought the dress for you "says Afrah with a small smile .

"Wow ! Guys really , you're more than amazing. I love you all so so so very much , words can't express the way I feel about all of these.Thank you a gazillion times.Jazakumullahu khairan and this is the best birthday ever !"she engulfed them all in a group hug .

*_*

I am very very very sorry guys for the long wait .I have no reason not to update in time , it was like the writer in me just died .I don't like this chapter but I tried my best .Show me some love by pressing the star button below.