Chapter 12

Not edited! 

Enjoy! (:

-----

“Danny, it’s not what it looks like,” Weston said slowly as I glared at him.

Hot tears were streaming down my flushed face. I was angry. Scratch that. I was furious. What the hell was he doing with those vile weapons?

There were many questions popping up in my head, but I couldn’t bring myself to speak it out loud. Maybe I was assuming things. I don’t know, but actually possessing those weapons instead of throwing it out did not make sense for a werewolf.

“Enlighten me, Weston,” I said angrily. I motioned my hand towards the weapons in the corner. “Why the hell do you have those?”

“Calm down,” Weston said cautiously, putting his hands up and walking towards me.  

“Don’t touch me,” I stepped back. Weston flinched, returning his arms to his side.

“Why do you have it?” I asked once again.

“I have it because I found it during the attack,” Weston sighed. “I didn’t want anyone to find out about it – “

“Why not?” I snapped.

“Because they were going to freak out like what you’re doing right now and they wouldn’t hesitate to throw it out,” Weston answered.

“Why do you have it?”

“I’ve been trying to find a way to avoid being affected by these things when the hunters and rogues attack. I’ve been searching in every ancient book and talking to every elder, but I haven’t found anything,” Weston said tiredly.

I felt my anger diminish as I heard his reason for possessing the rifle, bullets, and a spear. Turns out, it wasn’t only Beau and I doing our separate investigations. I sat down next to Weston, contemplating whether I should tell him what Beau and I had found out.

I chose not to. Beau wouldn’t be too happy with me if I shared out information with Weston out of all people.

“I’m sorry,” I said after a couple of seconds. “I shouldn’t have assumed the worst.”

“It’s normal. Everyone does, right?” Weston smiled tightly. “Anyways, what are you doing in my room?”

I laughed nervously. “Well, I came here to ask you a question, but something caught my eye and I went to look at it. I’m nosy, I know. I’ve always been. That’s when I caught a whiff of the wolfs bane. You know, Healers have enhanced senses. I was being nosy again. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have – “ Weston cut off my babbling.

“What caught your eye?” He asked, his blue eyes burning with curiosity.

I felt the blood rush to my cheeks. “W-well, I found that,” I stumbled to get the words out, pointing at the picture frame.

I might be imagining things, but I swore Weston’s cheek had the slightest tint of pink. He scratched the back of his neck. “Oh,” Weston said after a while.

“Yeah,” I said awkwardly when he didn’t explain further.

I really wanted to know why he still had it. I mean, he did have a girl friend. Wasn’t he scared that Hayley was going to find it? Sure, I had a picture of us, but he had a girl friend now.

“So, what did you want to ask me?” He digressed.

“Okay, so I was wondering,” I clapped my hands together and got down to business. “What do the hunters and rogues want? What’s that important?”