eleven.

EMPTY GOLD.
011. | ❛ don't let your tea get
cold.

"A hole in the closet?" Elena asked.

"Yeah. It led to all of this space underneath. Whole parts of Radley that had been sealed off. Parts from when Charlotte was there." Spencer addressed since she and Aria snuck into Sara's room.

"Should we tell Hanna's mom?" Emily nervously.

"No. If we tell Mrs. Marin, she'll throw Sara out lock, stock and ladder. This way we know about her escape hatch but she doesn't know that we know." Aria reassured her.

"Maybe I really did see her in the clinic."

"Have you checked in with them... to make sure that everything's okay?"

"Yeah. I, I'm gonna go over there as soon as they open. Guys, we need to tell Ali."

"Tell Alison what?" Elena asked setting down her cup of coffee.

"She was with me at the clinic. And she needs to know about that. She needs to know about Sara."

"Okay, if we do tell Alison we have to be ready for her to turn right around and go talk to the police about it." Spencer made sure that they understood the risk they were taking.

"Maybe that should happen. Maybe Elena should tell Toby about this. Maybe this is a new problem and we're getting stuck in old thinking. Secrets are getting toxic again."

"I know that this is getting dangerous again but I'd rather keep Toby out of it. I mean until we have more that little texts like these." Elena said, while the liars nodded in agreement.

"I don't know, just keep on trying to get in touch with Hanna. I have to go meet my mom at headquarters." Spencer gathered her things and made her way to the exit.

"Okay. Do you want us to come with you?" Elena grabbed a hold of Emily's hand.

"Honestly, no. I wanna do this myself."

"Are you absolutely sure?"

"Yeah. I'll be alright. Or I will be as soon as I know." Elena gave Emily a sincere smile as they all got up and headed out of the Brew

"Hi. Liam. Oh, my God," Aria made her way to the counter to hug her boyfriend,"Wait. What are you doing here?"

"That was it for the welcome?"

"No, no, no. Is something wrong?"

"No, no. All is good. I wouldn't come all this way with bad news."

"Hey," Elena made her way towards them.

"Elena. This is Liam." Elena held her hand out for a proper hello.

"Nice to meet you," Liam said to her.

"Right back at you. I've heard a lot about you."

"Same here, like you dyed a strip of your hair red because Aria dyed it pink." Liam said which made Elena a little embarrassed.

"Not one of my finest moments. Listen, I have to go it was nice meeting you." Elena said before taking leaving Aria alone with her boyfriend.
____________________