four.

EMPTY GOLD.
004. | ❛ lobotomy on the beach.

"You know, if you didn't know what this place was you'd never know what this place was." The girls were now tipsy from all the drinks they were consuming.

"Said the real estate agent showing you around "The House On Haunted Hill." "Aria joked which caused Elena to chuckle.

"I miss your faces. You guys have such excellent faces." Spencer commented to us

"Thank you"

"We should plan on seeing each other more often." Hanna made a suggestion

"Yes, but not here."

"Ugh, we can make a list of beautiful cities and go to each one of them. "

"And that can get expensive." Emily added on to Hanna

"Paris, Rome Madrid, Rio. We can party in every one of them."

"Can't forget Amsterdam" Elena sipped more of her drink.

"And Ali and Charlotte can sit in that big, ugly house and they can bake cookies." Spencer mocked the sisters.

"You'd think a place like this, they'd have... special drinks." Hanna looked at the paper with the list of drinks.

"What kind of special drinks?"

"We're sitting in a bar, in what used to be a squirrel factory. But no, like, an Electroshock Margarita?"

"Manic depressive Mai Tai?"

"Lobotomy on the Beach?" Elena giggled

"You guys are seriously lacking in any good taste. That's why I love you so much. I love each one of you. "

"Spencer loves us."

"So I heard."

"Hey, uh, can we get another Bipolar Martini 'for my friend over here?' "Hanna pointed towards Spencer.

"Last call in Rosewood." We were all getting ready to leave.

"Can we just go someplace and dance?"

"That's why God invented the mini-bar, Em.We can go back to my suite. 'Tis but the crank of the evening. My mom runs this joint." Hanna was getting the check and signing off on it.

"You guys wanna hear something funny?" Spencer was leaning back in her chair.

"I'd love to hear something funny. I thought it wouldn't matter what we said to the judge... because I thought they would never let her out. I thought that we could just lie for Ali one more time and it wouldn't matter. But it did. They let "A" out. "Spencer was swirling her drink in her hand.

"Wouldn't it just be the biggest cosmic joke ever if Charlotte gets to live happily ever after?" Aria pointed out the inevitable.

"If she can do it, so can we. A toast to Charlotte" Emily raised her cup while all of us followed suit.

"To Charlotte."
_______________________

Charlotte was found in front of the church, dead. Alison called early in the morning telling that Charlotte left her house.

We all sat in the Church listening to the piano and paying respect to Ali's sister. Everything would have been perfect if the unexpected didn't happen.

"This isn't happening" Aria said which caused all of us to turn our heads to see Sara Harvey entering the church. We all looked at her as she sat down behind Alison and when she looked at us did we look away.

The ceremony was beautiful and afterwards we all just stood outside watching everyone exiting it. Once Sara exited did we all say something.

"What is she doing here?"

"Making sure that Charlotte's really dead."

"Really, most sincerely dead."

"Let's go" Elena muttered as they took off until they were cut off by Lorenzo.

"Lorenzo. How are you?"

"Alright. Under the circumstances. I was wondering what your plans are for the next couple of days. If you're gonna stay in Rosewood."

"Why?" Elena questioned the officer.

"It'd make it easier if you stayed."

"Make what easier?"

"We have the autopsy report on Charlotte DiLaurentis. Charlotte was dead when she was thrown from the bell tower."

"Thrown? She was murdered?"

"The death's been ruled a homicide, yeah. You'll get a call." Lorenzo left leaving us with doubt.

"Was someone waiting for Charlotte to get released so they can kill her?"

"Don't go there. Spencer, we've lived there for a long time. It's not like it's a long commute."

"I wanna go home." Aria said as we all looked up at the bell tower.

"We are home."