two.

EMPTY GOLD.
002. | ❛ -A wants to come home.

"Thank you so much" Elena spoke into the microphone before stepping off stage. Her press meeting for her upcoming art gallery was finished.

"You did a great job, Ms. Davis. Congratulations on the engagement. " The assistant said to Elena while handing her a bottle of water.

"Thank you, Janice. It was certainly a magical moment in my life. You should look forward to the wedding."

"Are you guys talking about any dates?"

"Not yet but I'm imagining a June wedding. Janice, take a couple of days off, I'm going to be visiting my hometown and you deserve a break."

"Thank you so much!" She said hurrying off in the opposite direction of Elena.

Elena made it back to the her apartment where she recorded a letter entitled to her sent from Alison Dilaurentis.

Dear Elena,

There isn't much time, but I wanted you to see these words on paper and not a screen. I wanted to know you were touching something I touched, that we were connected. We've been through things no other friends have experienced. We understand each other better than anyone else in the world. But all that connects us to someone else. Someone I love. Someone who needs me. I know you're coming back to Rosewood to speak to the court about Charlotte being released. I'm asking for five minutes with you. Five minutes to explain. Five minutes that can change the whole world. Elena I need you. Please.

All my love, Alison

Elena gets her stuff ready and hops into her car getting ready for the drive back home. On the way, Elena calls her fiancé on the car, "Hey, I'm on my way home right now. How are you doing?"

"I'm just getting ready to leave work. "

"I'm like right outside Rosewood. I have to meet the girls so I'll see you at home."

"Alright, I love you"

"I love you too" she said making the mwah sound.

Pulling into the town square, Elena felt a bittersweet moment coming back to town. But it also brought back all the years of torment and the tension of the trial. Elena walked into the Brew and saw her friends that she hasn't seen since high school.

"Guess who?"

Elena gives all the girls hugs as they continue to sit down and talk about what they were currently up to.

"Any hints about the Fall collection?" Elena tries to get more Intel

"My non-disclosure agreement is eight pages long. Claudia would literally chase me down the runway with an ax if I let anything slip."

"Let me see this. "We gestured to her engagement ring.

"It looked bigger when you posted it. "

"So I suppose we're gonna need our passports to attend the wedding. "

"What we're talking is several host nations. But Italy is a strong contender. "Hanna said telling us the details of her wedding.

"I met a nice Italian girl one time." Emily pondered

"No wonder it took you a year longer to finish college. How's The Salk Institute? "

"Uh, good. I'm still trying to find my way around. "

"All that great Louis Kahn architecture. I want a tour. " Spencer being her nerdy self asked Emily.

"They're not doing tours right now, but.. How's Liam?" Emily switched the topics.

"Liam is adorable. But he hates when I tell people that. Who is Spencer seeing? " Aria gestured to her.

"Spencer is too busy to see anybody." Spencer being on her mother's campaign and being on the road to be a politician kept her very busy and to the point where she broke things off with Toby.

"Wait, what about the ambassador's son?" Hanna questioned.

"Regime change" causing all of us to giggle.

"What I want to know is when did he pop the question?" Aria gestured over to Elena who was wearing her engagement ring.

"He came up to New York and took me to this small cafe which had this amazing caramel cappuccino and then we went to an indoor ice skating rink and he got down on one knee in the middle of the rink." Elena felt somewhat uncomfortable talking to the girls about this.

"Well, you're happy. It's what we all deserve to be."

"So this court thing, are we going to be under oath? "

"No oath, it's just about how we feel about Charlotte getting out. " Spencer sipped her coffee

"No, tell the truth. It is about "A" getting out."

"Five "A"-free years. You have to admit, that felt good. " Hanna huffed out.

"I mean, a lot has happened, good, bad and ugly but all of it was uncontaminated by "A."

"And now "A" wants to go home. " Elena leaned back into her chair.

"What are we gonna do? " Aria spit out.

"We drop off our bags and we go meet Ali at 4 o'clock and listen to what she has to say." Spencer said as we all nodded and made our way out of the Brew and back into the town that brought back memories.

A/N: Who do you think is Elena's fiancé?