five.

EMPTY GOLD.
005. | ❛ kind of unexpected.

"When did you tell Jordan?" Aria said back in the hotel lounge where we were the next night before.

"Tell him what? This town, Charlotte everything we went through."

"She means the things she can't Google."

"When I knew I was falling in love with him." Good response Hanna, Elena mentally noted.

"Hmm, Liam and I aren't there yet but... I know he's gonna have a lot of questions when I get back."

"Are you sure you should leave tonight? You know the cops wanna talk to us before we go." Emily said to her.

"Yeah, I've already missed a few days of work."

"We all have, Aria. We're staying." Hanna motioned to all of us.

"Okay, well, my boss asked me to come back. You guys, this wasn't an easy job to get. I can't lose it." Aria was in publishing which was bizarre in Elena's opinion. Aria was a great artist and really pursued her dream once they got out of the dollhouse. But somewhere along the way, Aria gave up that inspiration and went a different way.

"They're gonna ask us questions about that night." Elena pushed her hair back and thinking about all the investigation going on and all the stress it was bringing.

"Yeah, we were all together and none of us left the hotel. What else is there to say?"

"I think the person the cops should really be talking to is right over there." There was indistinct chattering but we saw Sara Harvey was checking into the hotel.

"Can she really not sign her own name?" Spencer was referring to the man who accompanied Sara almost everywhere.

"I still haven't told anyone about what happened, have you?" We all nodded our heads.

"Do we really believe she doesn't remember?"

"I think she's lying. Just like she lied about having Swedish Syndrome to get her sentence reduced."

"Stockholm Syndrome. And it is a real thing."

"She was never kidnapped, Spencer. She was living out in the world. She chose to help Charlotte torture us." Hanna made a good point as to eat Sara was left without charges scotch free.

"You know, the judge didn't see it that way."

"If Sara really was brainwashed, she'd have a pretty strong motive to kill Charlotte. Revenge." Spencer emphasized the last word.

"Oh, I hate to break up this party but I gotta get going." Aria looked at her phone before getting up.

"Okay. Call you soon" Elena called out and the other girls said farewell as well.
________________

"The flower was placed in her hand to make it look like a suicide. Her fingernails were wiped clean. So were her hands." Spencer read to Hanna, Alison, and Elena the autopsy of Charlotte's death.

"I'm so sorry, Ali." Elena said hugging Alison from the side.

"Who would do something like this?"

"Sara Harvey."

"Well, the police can't see how she could push someone off a building when she can barely hold a fork."