Chapter 9

Hey guys!

So, here's your new chappie! New one will probably be up in the next two or three days. :D

-smileyfacecupcakes

*******************************************************************************************************************************

   “Sam, what did he tell you happened?” Candy asked me over the phone.

   “He told me you two were just ending things for good.” I played with the tablecloth on the dining room table.

   She scoffed. “I don’t believe it…”

   “What?” I stopped playing, and sat upright to listen.

   “He was obviously trying to get with me, Sam.” She said, making it sound obvious.

   “Oh…”

   “Yeah, why would he tell you the truth? He’s only lying to you, and making you think he’s good. But just wait; he’s only trying to get you in bed too.”

   “That’s not Josh…”

   “How do you know? You’ve only known the guy for… like two or three days?”

   I sighed. “I’ll talk to you later, Candy.”

   “You’re making the wrong mistake if you choose some guy you barely know over your best friend.” She hung up.

   Anger started building up inside of me. I felt like there was a wave of fire, just starting from my toes, and making its way up to my head. I could imagine steam shooting out of my ears. I shoved the phone in my pocket, and ran over to Josh. He was sitting on the couch.

   I walked over to him and slapped him…hard.

   “What was that for?” he shouted.

   “That was for lying to me, you jerk!” I slapped him again. “And that one’s for messing with my friend!”

   He breathed in through gritted teeth. I guess I slapped harder than I imagined.

   “What?” He was rocking back and forth with a hand on his cheek.

   “Don’t think Candy didn’t tell me everything! She told me how all you wanted to do was land her!” I was so full of anger and grudges, I didn’t know who I wanted to believe, but I was leaning more towards believing Candy.

   “Are you freakin crazy?” He shouted at me.

   “No! You’re freakin crazy! You made me believe that I was different, and that you had feelings for me! You changed the way I viewed guys with reputations like yours! But now it’s all making sense! Players never change their ways! They stay with one girl, but once they get bored, they just toss her and move on to the next one! I was just your flavor of the week!”

   “No! That’s nowhere near how it is, Sam!” He stood up, and took a step towards me.

   “How isn’t it, Josh?” I yelled back at him, standing on my toes so we were looking eye to eye at each other.

   “Believe who you want to believe, but I’m standing by what I said.”

   “Why can’t you just admit to it?” I started to cry. I knew Candy had lied now. I knew she had told me that, because she knew I’d end up believing her.