Chapter Fifteen

Dimly ignoring the terror that consumed the crowd, Elvin faced his opponent, Zyron, and waited. Waited for him to move, he would let Zyron make his first hit before retaliating. He already took it as habit.

"Let that damn sword spill some blood! A tiny voice burst out from within the upper side of the crowd seating at the Westside of the arena. Elvin ignored it and focused more on calculating his opponent moves perfectly.

Zyron pressed forward.

Elvin jerked back, aside. The strike meant for his arm whizzed by in a blur of knuckles. His eyes picked up a very sudden movement, and he saw Zyron other arm begin an upward trajectory. He swiftly sidestepped, and felt his hair ruffle with the force of it. Being at alert and keeping his balance intact, he was so ready to dive as his opponent aimed his blade at ribs. Dropping to the floor, Elvin rolled clear and stood skillfully.

"Come on, I got you." Elvin mumbled. He positioned his sword and flex his fingers around it hilt to check if it's fit to strike. He charged with a load roar.

Zyron dodged, whirled to confront him.

Elvin lunged quickly.

Zyron avoided one flying fist, only to collide with another heavy one. The blow brushed past his ribcage and a sharp pain stung him but faded quickly.

Without the waste of time, Elvin grinned with a deadly frown and aimed again at his face but Zyron was lucky enough to see it coming. He blocked and shoved away. Backing off, he utilized that chance to regulated his breath and calculate properly. Defending was simple, but it just couldn't last for long.

"Bring him down, bring him down!!!" The crowd wanted victory achieved with a flawless defeat. Most of them came for the downfall of Zyron but it was a weak hope because they knew how brutal and brave Zyron is on the arena. But as minutes passes and Elvin keeping focused in the game, the weak hope gradually develop into a very strong faith.

Zyron felt lazy and responsible for his weak performance, so he repositioned his sword and once again he felt the rage and strength he needed. Running out of patience, he lashed out and aimed for Elvin's gut but he missed. With rapid reflex, he jabbed his sword up and struck it down.

Elvin felt the sharp blade lightly running through his skin, making a little splash of blood ooze from his leg. He went down on his knee and before he could recover from the severe pain, he felt Zyron boot crushing hard on his jaw. He groaned in distress, feeling dizzy as he stayed helplessly on the floor.

Zyron let out a loud laugh and lifted up his sword to declare his victory and dominance over the arena. Now putting a deadly frown on Elvin, he was ready to bring down his sword and drive it deep into his shoulder.

Elvin gathered enough strength as he saw the descending sword and kick Zyron between his legs. Zyron bent forward at the sting of pains and Elvin secured another kick on his face. Seeing him fall down, he gradually stood up and waited with confidence for Zyron to stand too. Elvin wanted to win with respect; he wanted Zyron to attack him with his fullest strength, so he waited. Seeing Zyron rise with his sword fit in his hand, Elvin charged at him but he blocked and back off.

"I think its time to end this shit." Zyron said fiercely.

"I can help you with that" Elvin yelled in response. He saw Zyron coming like an anger bull but he waited and proved equally effective at defense. He blocked the attempt and back off, throwing his sword to the left hand.

Zyron tried again and struck his sword with both hands. The two swords met each other with a strike, and the second left the two blades hanging and tightly pressed against each other in the air.

Elvin was smart enough to kick Zyron on his knee, making his lose balance. Again he hit his sword so hard, making it fly away from his grip. Seeing that Zyron is now harmless and had no other weapon within his vicinity, Elvin threw his sword faraway to claim equal status with his him. He waited and was ready to fight fist to fist with Zyron who slowly stood up with equal thought.

The crowd yelled out chanting words as they were quite surprised by Elvin's decision on the field.

Suddenly, a loud chiming sound emerged from the giant bell that hung between two pillars at the end of the arena. Everyone's attention was caught and they all stared at the time keeper, waiting without patience to hear what he was about to say.

"There is a very vital crisis to be addressed, and the match has to stop immediately," the time keeper said with his old and cracking voice.

Everyone was about leaving the arena when they noticed the boys in the arena weren't responding to the message.

Ignoring all that was said, Elvin and Zyron charged and headed towards each other. Running with raw anger, they clashed on air and fell back to the ground.

Ignoring the pain, Elvin stood up fast and brushed a blow past Zyron's face. His energy rising with the boiling hate in his mind, he charged forward but got caught by Zyron's elbow going down on his shoulder blade. Elvin groaned, feeling the sudden ache on his shoulder-blade, he let it pass and transformed it into energy. He faked his fist to the right, Zyron fell for it and he threw up another killing blow that hooked his jaw. Seeing Zyron lose his balance from the blow, he kicked his legs and cleared him off the ground.

Zyron's body hit the ground very hard, causing blood to stream down from between his lips. Still, he stood his weak body up. Bending his shaking fingers to tighten his fist, he had the determination to fight till the end.

Elvin who had calculated properly charged towards zyron so fast that he missed seeing it.

Zyron's body stood still without conscious thought as Elvin violently approach.

Zyron got hit so hard that his vision blurred and left him panting and staggering.

Elvin also moved his weak body to his opponent with his weak and trembling feet. Getting to him, his knuckles went for Zyron's left shoulder without much energy.

Zyron groaned. Staggering with two steps back, he managed to strike back with a blow on Elvin's jaw which made a splash of blood flushed out.

Elvin's leg staggered to keep balance as he hit Zyron hard on his jaw too, giving him another cut on his lip. Before Elvin could realize it, Zyron return the blow on his jaw.

Two of them were extremely tired and exhausted but wouldn't give up till one of them is down.

Elvin put his energy together and charged Zyron down with his body. He patiently watched Zyron crawl back to his feet with his badly battered body. Elvin took several steps back trying to charge him down again.

As he began the attempt towards him, a large explosion of magic hit them both and letting their body hit the ground.

"The match is cancelled! Its an order from the council of elders..." A loud voice came from the giant bell at the end to the arena.