Chapter Twenty

Peter sighed as he was about to give Elvin an answer to why he put up a strange attitude when he heard that the criminal was arrested for rape. Then, a bitter experience flashed into his memory.

"They raped Annabel, they fouled her right in front of me," peter said firmly, raising his head high to keep tears from streaming down his clouded eyeballs. His pain and anger was clear, he picked up the small bowl of soup with his fingers properly cupping it and rushed it down his throat violently. He breathed in a large volume of air to consume his temper and wiped the stain of soup off his mouth with the back of his hand.

Elvin kept quiet for a little moment to watch Peter in such terrible mood for the very first time, so he carefully decided to continue the discussion with another question, "what happened exactly, and who is Annabel?

Peter sniffed in some air with so much energy, his face looked so tensed and his eyeball seemed not to be strong enough to hold his tears. "Mum died at my sister's birth. My dad was killed by some bandits called shadows, for exposing all of their crimes and hideouts. On that same evening he was murdered, they chased us into the woods and unfortunately caught up with us he paused.

Elvin listened in pity and watched peter tighten up his fist with his raw rage burning from within.

As he continued, the sweet taste of the soup washed away as bitterness trickled through his mouth... They held her, beat her, and forced me to watch the terrible things they did to her. I couldn't watch, I kept my eyes shut but her screams painted the agony she was put to in my mind. She kept begging them in pain, I did too but they laughed as they derived pleasure from the things they did." Peter chuckled as tears streamed down his face.

Elvin tried to stop him from proceeding but he wouldnt stop.

"Her voice fainted slowly, slowly and finally stopped. When I opened my eyes, she was dead, her cloth was torn, blood was all over her dress," peter said firmly and almost loud. He grabbed the empty bowl he dropped and began forcing his strength against it in anger. "They weren't done, they forced down a liquid poison into my throat. Terror occupied my mind. I began to claw at my throat; I stretched and struggled to break away from them. Soon, their voice faded and all I could hear was my heart beat. I raked madly at the earth, I yelled but I couldn't even hear myself, I thought I was going to die... peter said, as he lowered his eyes to see that he had crushed the bowl he held. He tried to fake a good mood but bitterness still leaked across his face.

"I'm sorry for your lose and everything you have gone through bro, I understand what you are feeling but you have to keep a strong heart and let the past go," Elvin said, setting a firm but soft stare on Peter.

Peter chuckled, now putting on his cheerful look, "don't worry about me bro, I'm pretty good at hiding my burden," he said.

"I don't want you to hide it anymore; I want you to let it go... I'm serious," Elvin said so much persuasion.

Peter sighed and pressed his weight against the table as he tried getting closer to Elvin. "I will let it go when I get justice," he said firmly.

"Do you know their whereabouts or have any information about them?" Elvin asked surprisingly.

"I do, I can't just let them get away with their evils," said Peter

"Then the justice you seek sounds more like revenge to me," Elvin sighed,

"Justice is revenge, revenge is justice, I see no difference Elvin," he said with a smile that soon faded as he saw an average height man approach. "We will talk about this later," he said as he tried to call Elvin's attention to the man approaching.