Prepping

A woman comes in and sits down across from me. I look at my stylist and notice that she isn't like most Capitol people. She doesn't have colored skin, cat whiskers, or any type of make-up except black eyeliner and smoky brown eyeshadow. She has darker skin than mine with golden eyes. She wore just a simple black and gray dress with black high heels.

"You must be starving, Primrose" she said "Let's eat!"

She pushed the red button that I was so tempted to push moments before, and a feast of seafood, meat, rice, and puddings sprang before my eyes. I began gorging on the food, and after one plateful, scraped the plate clean.

"I know how horrible people we must seem like to you." the stylist said. "Everything you want at the push of a button. You envy us, but don't realise that life around here gets boring. You do the same stuff every day, where as you have more freedom than you ever had." she babbles on.

"Oh, by the way, my name's Crama." she stuck her hand across the table, not before pushing the red button to make the food disapear.

"Primrose" I took her hand and shook it.

"Now, about your costume for the parade, I was thinking of something more POW and more unforgettable."

I looked at her with a nervous gleam in my eye when she said POW and unforgettable.

"I bet you're wondering what I have planned for you and your brother." She said

I nodded and looked at her expectantly. She smiled.

"Follow me"

I followed Crama into a Pink room with a make-up counter, chair, and wardrobe. Crama smiled and told me to sit down. I sat down. I was nervous. This was my chance to make a first impression on the Capitol. This was life or death.

"Close your eyes" She said.

I closed my eyes and raised my arms. I felt a dress slide over my body. Crama tied a towel-like thing around my neck.

"Okay." Crama said " I want this to be a surprise, so don't look at your dress even though it is covered. Your prep team will soon come in and do your hair and make-up. Any questions?"

I shook my head.

"Alright." Crama said. She leaned close and whispered

"I know Cinna. I am his daughter."

I couldn't believe it! Cinna was the BEST fashion designer in the world! I have seen some of his dresses and couldn't help but be jealous. I mean, I am not even the type of girl that likes dresses and skirts. This was due to a strange nightmare that I had when I was five but I will tell you that story when I get to it. All of the sudden the door burst open and back came in my inhuman looking prep team. They rushed over to me. They started arguing about my hair, and then they finally agreed on something and started using various instruments and pins until they all stood back and looked at me, satisfied. Then, they did a little eye make-up and a small brush of blush over my cheeks. The head of the prep team, Augustus, I think, want over to Crama. She circled me a couple of times, nodding her approval. She went over to the wardrobe, and gave me black heels with a sun on the middle strap.

"You're ready" Crama said.

She crossed over to the wardrobe and opens the door. A full length mirror is on the inside of the door. I look at myself in shock. I look like me, but I look beautiful. My hair is in a bun sort of thing, but in the back a mound of hair was in the middle, but little streaks of hair go outward from the mound making it look like a sun. I had slightly pink cheeks, and some black, gold, and red eyeliner. My dress is a black sundress that has a fabric that shimmers when I move. I twirl for a little bit, with the prep teams' applause driving up my confidence. I stopped and looked at Crama.

"It's perfect." I said.

Crama smiled, and said

"That's not all there is"

She excitedly explained how she thought that my mom was the 'Girl on Fire' she couldn't do that again because the magnificence would be overlooked so she decided to base the outfits on the sun. Haymitch and I were to shine like suns. It was truly perfect.

☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀

Sup people. How are you liking the story? Well, I know this parts is kinda boring, but it will get better once the games start. Sorry I haven't been updating lately. I had a four day swim meet with okay wifi but I didn't have any time to update and when I went on vacation and DID have time, the wifi was bad so SORRY!!!!! Chocolate for all of you 🍫🍫🍫

~eat_sleep_swim04