A Little Love

I stormed my way back to the elevator, not even caring if I had just totally ruined our plan. I pressed the number twelve on the elevator, and sprinted to my room and slammed the door behind me. Rye was in there, looking surprised that I stormed in. A squirming Butterball was in her hands, and she handed him to me. I fell on me bed sobbing. Rye comes over and comforts me the best she could. I have failed my parents and I am going to fail Rye. I fell into a world of dizzying blackness.

President Snow came up to me with her cruel smile and told me that I needed to eat the French fries. I won't feel any pain anymore. I stuffed them into my mouth and slowly felt poised go through my veins. She laughed cruelly and turned into Haymitch he told me that he would kill me because I was a horrible older sister. Dale comes up to me and kills me with a dead bunny.

I woke up in a sweat, horrified of what my score will hold. I went into the living room where the program is just starting. My mom looked at me and said

"We were just about to come for you."

I nodded in reply and started watching. Ugh, is Caesar Flickerman dead yet? His theme color this year is a nightshade blue. Dale's face came up. I couldn't help but smile at the ten that came next to his name. Dad noticed, and raised his eyebrows at me. I blushed and turned my head back to the screen. Tribute after tribute come up when Haymitch is announced. He looks up eagerly.

"Eight"

Everyone goes up to congratulate him. I gave him our trademark fist bump.

"Primrose Mellark"

I looked up and sat rigid in my seat.

"Eleven and a half."

I opened my mouth in shock. That was half a point more than mom! Everyone swarmed to congratulate me. Why isn't anyone yelling at me telling me how worthless I am? I turned to my family.

"Why Aren't you guys mad a me?"

"Well I am mad at you." Haymitch said with a serious expression.

My heart sank. How am I supposed to become allies and have us win together with him mad at me? Haymitch started smiling and then laughing.

" You seriously thought that I was mad??!!!!!!" He asked.

I smiled sheepishly.

"I can't get mad at you. You are my sister and I am supposed to make you mad not be mad at you." He said hugging me.

I smiled and hugged him back.

"I love you little bro." I said

"I love you too big sis." He said.

"I also loved that time when you drank water on that date and spit out water all over James and that time when..."

"Don't push it."

I pushed him away from me and hugged mom and dad.

I went to my room and ordered lamb chops, as I was asleep during dinner. This turned out to be a very good day overall.

🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞

Peeta POV

Prim and Haymitch left and left Katniss, Barbie, Crama, and Terry were left. Barbie stood up and said

"That was an interesting turn of events! I'll be turning in as well."

Crama and Terry said good night and left Katniss and I sitting on the couch. She scooted over and put her head on my chest and sighed. I smiled and said

"Long day?"

"The longest."

We sat there in silence. It was a comfortable silence as we were snuggling together with our thoughts else where. I smiled and said

"I think our daughter has a little crush on the district two tribute."

Her eyes sot wide open as she shot up at me to see if I was kidding or not.

"Are you serious?!" She said

"Yep. She got all dreamy eyed when his face came on the TV like a certain someone used to." I said with my eyes twinkling.

Katniss snorted.

"Do you know who he's the son of?" She asked

I frowned. I started wondering if it was someone my wife despised.

"Gale Hawthorne."

My mouth hung open in sock as my thoughts whirled around in my head.She likes Gale's son? Is this some type of trick to win back Katniss? I shook my head and went to bed worrying what my daughter will have to face if this really was a hoax.

☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀☀

Hey guys. Sorry I was s late with the update. I mean who assigns like twelve essays on the first two weeks of school?????? Apparently my teachers. Luv ya 😘

~eat_sleep_swim04