Chapter 8

"Hannah's back?" My mom said watching me and I nodded.

"And you have a son?" She said crossing her arms as I nodded again, she looked at my father and he just shook his head.

"How old is he?"

"He turns four in next week."

"When was the last time you saw her?"

"In 2008 I think.."

"Shit." Zack said standing up, and grabbing his phone.

"Where are you going?"

"I forgot I was supposed to meet Angela." He said walking out of the room.

"Are you sure it was 2008?."

"I think I'm not sure." I said scratching my head I sat down in the chair in front of my parents.

"This doesn't make sense at all." My mom said staring at me.

"What do you mean?"

"She suddenly turns up working at the same school as you, and Madison goes to..." My mom said pausing " Does Madison know about this whole thing."

"She knows part of it..."

"What does she not know.?" My dad said

"Hannah didn't suddenly turn up at the school for a job." I said looking past my parents to the picture of Madison and I.

"She wants us to be a family."

(Daniels POV from earlier today)

"How are things since you had Nathan.." I said watching Nathan play with his toys.

"It's been hard.. But I need to be honest with you." Hannah said standing in front of me.

"It's hard being a single mom, the bills are stacking up, I can't hold a job down,Nathan needs a father figure in his life..." She said tears running down her face.

"I found out you lived here from Mike,and I found out the school is looking for a teacher, I found a place that has cheap rent." She said wiping her tears and continued.

"I need you.. Nathan needs you." She said grabbing my hand I was about to pull my hand away but she pulled me into a hug.

"What are you saying." I said leaning away from her she looked at me then walked over to Nathan.

"I want us to be a family." She said smiling down at Nathan.

"I'm in a relationship..." I said and anger flashed across her face but she hid it with a smile on her face.

"I heard about that too." She said putting Nathan in her lap.

"Mike told you that?" I said crossing my arms, she looked up at me and paused she stood up and walk towards me." No, I have my sources." She said walking past me into the kitchen.

"What have you not heard?"

"Who your girlfriend is." She said closing the fridge.

"Look Hannah I can't do the whole family thing." I said hurt flashed across her face but I continued on "but I do want to be in Nathan's life." A smile went on her face but I held my hand up. "For the bills I"ll help with it too I"ll pay child support.."

"Daniel -" she said but I cut her off

"It's the least I can do." I said giving her a smile, I felt my phone buzz in my pocket I pulled it out and see my alarm going off.

"And that's our signal to head back to the school"