Chapter 7

I grabbed my carton of Chinese take out and leant back on the couch beside Daniel.

"How old is he?" I said putting some fried rice in my mouth, he looked up with a smile on his face.

"He's turning four next week." He said, I gave him a smile and continued eating my food. I felt his eyes on me but I just ignored it until I felt his hands on mine. I looked up as he removed the carton from my hands "Are you okay with this?" He said suddenly, I gave him a slight smile and nodded "Of course I'm fine.. I mean he's your son.." I said fighting to put a smile on my face. He looked at me for a while then nodded, then his phone buzzed. He grabbed it from his pocket and looked at it and typed back.

"Everything okay?" I said picking my carton back up, he jumped a little and looked at me.

"Yeah everything is great, but I"ll see you tomorrow okay?" He said giving me a quick kiss and walking out of the room.

"Bye." I said throwing up my hand as the door closed, I grabbed the remote and laid down on the couch.

Daniel's POV

Lunch date

"Ready to go?" Hannah said as I got in her car, I glanced at her and nodded. She pulled out of the parking lot and started driving down the road.

"You seem nervous." She said laughing, I looked at her and chuckled

"heh guess I am."

"Everything will be fine, he's a sweetheart." She said placing her hand on top of my hand then removing it

"So tell me about him."

"He loves the color blue, his favorite superhero right now is Captain America,his favorite movie is the avengers, he's three years old for now..." She said

"For now?" I said looking at her ,she nodded and continued " His birthday is next week on the 28th." She said as we stopped at a one story house.

"Come on." She said getting out of the car, walking to the house next door I got out of the car and watched her. The door opened and a elderly woman holding a little boy gave Hannah a smile and handed her the boy.
She turned around and started walking towards me with a smile on her face, I stuck my hands in my pockets and watched as she walk towards me with a little boy muddy brown hair. She stopped in front of me and rubbed the little boys back.

"Nathan I want you to meet someone." She said setting the boy down on his feet, the boy turned around slowly and the he looked at me then back at Hannah.

I knelt down and gave him a smile,
"Hey buddy." I said as a smile crept on his face, and his dimples popped out.

"How about we go inside." Hannah said running her hand through Nathan's hair, she started walking to the door, I looked down at Nathan and see him looking at me with his hand held out. I smiled at him and grabbed his hand as we walked inside.

I finished up texting Madison as I got inside my car, I started the car and started driving to her house. I thought back to earlier when I met Nathan, and how his birthday is next week..

'The last time I spent with Rachael before we broke up... That was in 2008... I think... ' I pulled up into Madison's driveway, and shook my head and grabbed my stuff and headed to her door.

I look down at my phone and see my brother texted me. " When did Rachael get back in town?"

"I"m coming over." I texted back

"Everything okay?" Madison said which made me jump a little and I turned to look at her.

"Yeah everything is great, but I"ll see you tomorrow okay?" I said giving her a quick kiss and walking out of the room.