Chapter 13: Alexandria

I got out of my white Subaru and took a deep breath. Why had Scarlett been here? I had passed her car on the way into Rory's street which was really weird because Cassius usually drove her everywhere. I saw Rory sitting on his porch swing reading what looked to be Pride and Prejudice. Walking up his front steps I seemed to get more and more nervous of his reaction to whatever I had to say. Why was I nervous? I had no idea, I shouldn't have been-I had no reason- I had just met the kid. I remembered Scarlett's words to me earlier,

"Just be cool, Alex you have to understand that he's a boy, boys do stupid things all the time. Trust me Cass does more stupid things than most guys I know and guess who ends up cleaning up after him? Me. So Rory flirted with other girls' big deal. If he is telling the truth about not kissing Kelsie I would believe him. Rory doesn't lie. You all need to take a deep breath and you need to give him a second chance. What if every time you and/or Rory did something wrong and the other flew off the handle and freak out this relationship wouldn't ever work. You both make stupid decisions all the time and will always have some reason to break up with each other; the difference is you don't need to. Personally I think you are meant to be I mean you are like the puzzle piece that is just that one perfect fit, but whatever happens between you and Rory later down the road you can't think about that you will for sure psych yourself out. Part of you must live in the moment and enjoy whatever happens now. If you and Rory are meant to be it'll work out... if you aren't, then it won't work. All relationships fail until you find your husband. Do me a favor and take the advice that I have given you."

I sat next to Rory on the porch swing. He slowly shut his book staring at the cover.

"I just wanted to apologize for overreactin'... This week has been uh really interestin', I almost died, I became a queen, I met one of the most interestin', funny, and outgoin' guys I have ever met, and my best friend broke her foot." I said

"What was that middle one?" he asked.

"I became queen." He smirked.

"The one after that?"

"My best friend broke her foot." I acted confused .

"Ugh never mind." I laughed.

"I met one of the most interestin', funny, and outgoin', boys that I have ever met."

"Who me?"

"Who else would I be talkin' about?"

"Well I should be the one apologizing; I let you sit there by yourself on your very last homecoming, almost kissed your back spot, well really she almost kissed me, and I yelled at your best friend for trying to help me."

"Rory it's fi-"

"No it's not. I am a jerk. I should never have done that and regardless of what you are used to it or not does not make it right." He interrupted me. I looked at my feet and he grabbed my hand and continued.

"Alex I am so very, very sorry. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me." He lifted my chin so I was looking him in the face. His green eyes were brighter than ever and I could see that he really was telling the truth.

"I forgive you." He smiled.

"Good because I have been dying to do this..." He rested his hand on the side of my face and pulled my face to his leaning in for the kiss.

***

I drove home in the rain, I couldn't stop smiling. My name is Alexandria Ashley Foxworthy, I am a senior at Diamond Hills High School and I just had my very first kiss to Riley Jonathan Tayse a senior at Park View High School just kissed me. There was no phone call from my mother to stop me, no little voice saying don't kiss him, it was the first kiss I had always dreamed of having short and sweet and innocent just like me.

I reached out for my phone to call Scarlett.

"Hey Siri. Call Scarlett Adcock."

"Calling Scarlett Adcock" The Australian male voice answered.

"Hi you've reached the mobile of Scarlett leave a message if it is exceedingly important, otherwise shoot me a text." I left a message that said.

"Scarlett I need you to call me as soon as humanly possible. I don't want to tell you my news over a voicemail. So call me when you are done at the Tallon's."

I went home and started on my mountain of Calculus homework. Mercedes called me. I decided I didn't need to tell her my new yet, so I didn't answer.

She called again. I ignored it yet again. It wasn't like her to call twice and if it was truly important she would call me at least one more time. Mercedes called one last time and I felt that I should answer this phone call.

"Hey Mercedes I have news. It's great news actually, want to hear it?"

"Alex... Christian... is dead." I dropped my phone.

M/g��}