Chapter Six: Scarlett

The sun shone through the crack in my curtains waking me up. I pulled my crutches up off the floor and hopped over to my bathroom, I stopped by the sink to wash my face my dark brown hair falling in front of me. After drying my face off I examined my face in the mirror- green eyes, crooked nose, a couple zits, slight lazy eye, straight-ish teeth- how could anyone like me? I'm not that great of a person... I heard the door open downstairs which made me jump. I hobbled out of the bathroom to see who it was; I didn't need to because the person yelled.

"Scar! Babe, where are you?" Cass yelled up the stairs.

"Here!" I heard him run up the stairs. He entered my room wearing a blue shirt with tiny foxes on it, grey pants, and grey shoes; my favorite outfit of his...

"Don't you look beautiful?" He stepped forward kissing me on the cheek. That was his 'thing' he always kisses me on the cheek. Isn't he the cutest? How did I of all people get so lucky?

"You look handsome as always. What is the plan for today?" I asked.

"Today everyone else is going horseback riding and then paintball in the afternoon. Around 4 we take the girls home to get ready, pick you up at 6:30 and take you to dinner and then the dance." He walked over to my bed and fell on it yawning. I yawned too, because he yawned but just thinking about a day like that is tiring let alone actually going and doing all that.

"What time is it?" I asked. Cass checked his phone.

"8:30 why?"

"What the frack are you doing at my house at 8:30 in the fracking morning? We had an agreement!" I paused pointing at him, then continued.

"10 AM you can come at 10 never earlier!" he grabbed my finger pulling me towards him.

"I was going to surprise you this morning but you were already up and by the way you're cute when you're mad." He pulled me close, kissing me slowly and deeply. When he broke the kiss my head was spinning.

"Hey I'm still supposed to me mad." I pouted.

"Well you're cute when you pout too..." Cass kissed me again. I laughed, pulling away.

"Don't we have a day date to get to?"

"We don't go horseback riding until 9:15; and you are not paintballing so neither am I."

"You love paintball! Go without me."

"No chance beautiful, I would rather spend the day with you... whether it's driving around or beating you at monopoly." He smirked at his joke while tickling my side.

"Hey I said no tickling and I won that monopoly game and you know it." He opened his mouth incredulously.

"No. You went bankrupt and by doing so you invested in CTE Cassius Tallon Enterprises." He smiled widely.

"False. Now I must get ready so you go make me some breakfast while I change and put my makeup on." Cass sighed and stood.

"Fine. Would you rather have cereal, or uh French toast, or cereal?"

"You can make French toast?!"

"No, I just thought it sounded better than uh hey Scar do you want cereal or cereal?" I laughed.

"Cereal is great. Thanks." Cass kissed me on the cheek before going down to make my breakfast. I grabbed my crutches again and hobbled over to grab my phone off of the night stand and then hobbled over to my closet. I texted Alex,

"Hey Alex, what should I wear today for our day date." She texted back almost immediately,

"PINK!"