Chapter 11: Rory

I drove up the large gated hill that led to Alex's house and thought about everything- everything I had done to hurt such a delicate person. There was one thing that I hadn't told anybody about that night. Kelsie, Alex's back spot, had tried to kiss me but luckily I played it off by leaning subtly away. At some angles it may have looked like I kissed her because the girl had been so close to my face that her lips were millimeters away from mine. I know at some point the rumor would probably circulate... Considering every rumor about me did.  I pulled up to her house and parked. Walking up the steps I felt horrible about what I had done, I didn't mean to ignore her, it just happened. I heard laughter as I knocked on the door. Alex's family dinner must have started. Crap. A brunette girl opened the door with Trevor right behind her. As the door opened I heard Alex scream from the other room.

"That was not funny guys! My hands are very important to my happiness!! You don't fake that my finger got cut off ever."

"It was hilarious you even passed out from all the fake blood." Lucy laughed from behind the people crowding the door.

"Hello Rory. Long time no see." Trevor stalked off after saying this.

"Come in I guess...?" The brunette girl said.

"Alex! Rory is here to see you!" Lucy said before heading into the kitchen. Alexandria came out of the kitchen wearing a hot pink apron over her mint green dress. She wiped her hands off on the apron before asking,

"What do you want?"

"I wanted to talk to you... I feel terrible."

"Let's go outside and talk." I stepped backward out of the still open front door. She led me down the front driveway and out onto her home golf course before saying,

"What could you possibly feel terrible for? You did nothin' and I mean nothin' for me."

"I didn't kiss her."

"Kiss who?"

"Kelsie."

"Then who did you kiss? Cassius saw you kiss someone when you were on a date with me. Rory I don't care what you do or who you kiss but seriously you can't contain yourself for one date?"

"Did Scarlett talk to you?"

"Maybe why?"

"Because you are sounding exactly like her right now. I didn't kiss her why don't you trust me?"

"I don't know who to trust anymore."

"She was millimeters from my lips when I pulled away because I don't fancy her being my first kiss."

"You haven't kissed anyone?" Her face stayed smooth and calm but I saw her eyes light up when I said this."

"No and I don't tell very many people that. I kind of like my bad boy reputation." I heard laughter erupt from the phone in her pocket and abruptly stop. She turned around pulling it out and pressing a few buttons.

"What was that?"

"I don't know." I could hear the lie in her voice. She was still turned around; I stepped forward and wrapped my arms around her waist and placed my head on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry, I'll see you around." She pulled away and sprinted inside.

What have I done now? I don't do anything; I get in trouble with women. I actually do something; I get in trouble with women. I can't do anything right when it comes to them. My phone buzzed I looked down to see Scarlett's text it read.

"You had to try and fix it yourself didn't you?"

"Why aren't you here? You could have helped me if you are oh so concerned with her well being and the fact that I can't make any good decisions or comments as of late."