Chapter Three: Scarlett

After Christian, Mercedes, Rory, and I watched Hercules, Rory left to try and make his English test with at least half the class left. I shifted my broken leg higher on the couch, I wasn't kidding when I said the thing hurt like crap. Mercedes and Christian started to talk,

"Are you so excited for Homecoming?! It's tomorrow! Like as in TOMORROW!!!  And my dress is like the most perfect thing ever!" Mercedes smiled as she said this.

"I c-can't wait to see it, I honestly just hope I got the right color of tie." Christian laughed nervously. Mern placed her hand on his hand and he took a deep breath.

"I'm sure you did, hey Scar are you and Cassius still going together...?"

"Uh probably I mean I have a dress and everything, if we don't end up going then we will just cuddle and watch Bones." I should probably text him and double check. I picked up my cell phone and started to text Cassius,

"Hey babe, what are our plans for homecoming...? We still going or not? -Scar <3" He texted back almost as soon as the text went through.

"I have been waiting for your text all day!! It depends on how you are feeling, and if you are up to it. I wish I could be with you right now! I'll come over for lunch if that's okay with you. Love you babe."

"I would love that! See you soon." I set my phone back on the table next to the couch.

"Hey Scar," Christian said taking a deep breath.

"Yes Christian dear?" I looked down at him.

"What movie?" he asked.

"Uh, whatever? Rom com, mystery, comedy...? Anything but horror and I'm easy."

"Scarlett, darling you seem a little uh distracted." Mercedes said. I nodded,

"Sorry I just am a little uh... I don't know. My foot hurts." I rubbed my face. Christian picked a random mystery movie. I started to stand.

"What are you doing?! Sit down right this instant!" Mercedes said in a motherly fashion standing in front of me to keep me from standing. Ugh are you kidding me!? I'm sick of being forced to sit and do nothing.

"I am hungry."

"Okay, uh I'll go grab you something what do you want?!"

"I don't know! I am sick of sitting here doing nothing! And my foot hurts!"

"It's okay, I'll go get you something." Mern said.

"No that's okay."

"What?"

"Never mind just sit down." I will just take a nap instead. I really missed Cassius.

***

            I woke to a knock on the door downstairs, Mercedes and Christian both stood up to answer it, and Christian slid his hand into Mern's again. Please be Cassius, please be Cassius. I heard some muffled talking downstairs and then someone ran up the stairs. Cassius appeared in the doorway. Thank the Heavens!!!! Six feet two inches of drop dead gorgeousness, Cass was wearing a black Pierce the Veil t shirt we were matching, how cute. He smiled and walked over to kneel by the couch, he then looked at me with his big brown puppy dog eyes.

"I missed you; school really is no fun without you." Cass looked into my eyes as if silently begging me to kiss him.

"Having a broken foot is no fun without you here either..." I said. Cassius leaned in closer and kissed me, his lips were soft and full... I heard a throat clear behind me. Cass pulled away looking disappointed.