Chapter Four: Alexandria

All I remembered was closing my eyes and hoping I wouldn't die; everything seemed to keep moving in slow motion. Someone had decided to make my life interesting and knocked me off of the top of the pyramid just as the girls decided to throw me up for a stunt. It's like they were trying to kill me; I bet they wanted to anyway. I still had a chance at homecoming queen and I was going to experience death by some idiotic football player, my bases who hate me anyway, and this stupid turf. Finally I realized I wasn't moving anymore. Was I in heaven or was I still here

"You know you can open your eyes right?" a mysterious deep voice asked.

"Please don't be Justin please don't be Justin" I thought as my eyes started to flutter open. As I began to look up I was surprised to see a maroon helmet blocking the face of my Prince Charming. I looked around and saw the entire student body shocked that he caught me. Park View had just scored a touchdown. How could a Park View player rescue me and still score a touchdown? Confused and curious I slowly thanked him got out of his arms and ran off to side of the bleachers for the homecoming royalty and of course the announcement of King and Queen.

Scarlett was waiting for me at the side of the bleachers with a worried look on her face- how she had got here so fast, I had no idea and then I saw Cass behind her and realized he must have picked her up and sprinted over here. Mayson was standing behind them holding Scarlett's crutches,
"Are you okay?" she asked frantically. I looked at her and knew I had only a few minutes to get ready for the presentation of homecoming queen.

"Scar, darling," I said frantically, "no time for dilly dallying! I have five minutes and I have to be on that truck. Do you have my dress?"

I smiled as Henry walked behind her carrying the gorgeous pink dress bag that held my dress. I grabbed it and ran to the bathroom. Exactly three and a half minutes I emerged in a beautiful royal blue floor length chiffon dress with crystals covering the corseted top.

"So this is the dress you refused to let me see?" Scarlett asked surprised it wasn't pink.

"Well when a dress is sent from the heavens you can't let anybody see it otherwise they decide to buy it too!"I answered. Looking at my phone I pulled the skirt up so I could run to the truck before it pulled away.

"You know I have my black dress that is sent from Hell so why would I buy the same one?" She called after me.

I glared at her before I hopped on the truck. I looked around as the truck drove around the football field and saw Mercedes and Christian in the middle holding hands of course. I laughed as I watched Mercedes try to open an envelope with one hand. I then realized what she was opening. "And your homecoming king for 2016 is......." Christian said confidently

"Justin Bartz,"

I shuddered. My ex. Our star defender. The guy who ruined my life. Mercedes looked down at the envelope in her hand and looked at me. She knew what might happen next. The dream that had been mine until Justin broke my heart was coming back to haunt me. The dream I now called a nightmare.

"And your 2016 homecoming queen is..." Mercedes said as she looked down at the card with sympathy, "Alexandria Foxworthy"

The crowd went silent and everyone gasped. Justin smirked at me and looked behind at his friends as they snickered. He smiled as if he knew this would happen. Justin started to put on the show that the student body wanted. I was dipped and almost brought in for a kiss when Mercedes saved me.

"Wait she doesn't have her crown!!" She exclaimed. As soon as I had the crown on my head I curtsied and walked as quickly as I could without looking like an idiot back to the cheer locker room, I had to get my uniform back on and fast.