Intruder alert!

The four of us sat on the Wintermares and made our way back to the castle. The cold air was in favor of the Wintermares. They could run faster than usual.

"You three don't feel much cold, right?" Dark asked out of the blue. We looked at him and shook our heads.

"Do you, Dark?" I asked him.

"Sometimes. I'm not an element of ice. I'm dark."

The Wintermares landed at the front gates and we got down. Lucy swiped her hand through the air and the gates started opening.

"Wow. Is that an automatic gate or she's the one controlling it?" Frost asked with a huge grin plastered on his pale face.

"She's doing it alright," I replied him.

"Shall we?" Lucy asked and we all followed her into the gates. The moment Dark stepped into the palace, there was a shrill shriek.

"INTRUDER ALERT!!!!"

"Crap," I cursed. I forgot about that stupid gatekeeper who doesn't know how to differentiate guests and enemies.

"What's happening?" Dark asked. Guards started to surround us but when they saw my sister and I, they stopped in their tracks.

"These are guests," Lucy said in a strict tone. The guards flinched a little. "If I hadn't known any of you better, your lives would not have been spared."

"We apologize, princess. Guards, dismiss!" the head commanded the rest and they started going away while he stayed. "Princess, you had us all worried about you and... Who are these people?"

"This is Frost and that's Dark," I introduced them to him and he stared at them for awhile before nodding his head.

"Very well. What is their purpose for coming here and entering the palace?"

"We invited them," Lucy replied.

"Does your parents, his majesty and her highness knows about this?"

"Stop it with the questions, general!" I snapped and he sighed.

"Princess, you do know it's dangerous to bring strang-."

"STRANGERS?!" An all too familiar voice squealed. My sister curtsied while I bowed. The head of the guards bowed too and both Jacks followed. Our mother, the Queen made her way to us.

"Mother, they are friends," Lucy said. Mother studied them with her icy cold stare. I watched them fidget slightly. as if anyone wouldn't.

"This one." She pointed at Dark with her index finger. "I smell Pitch off him. Why is that?!" I was surprised she said Pitch. She knew of him? Even Lucy was surprised.

"Well.... that's.... Because....," I stuttered, speechless.

"Bring him to my room, Kristopher," she ordered the head of the guards who complied at once.

"Why, mother?" Lucy asked but she didn't reply her and just left.