Chapter 11: Home Sweet Home

Chapter 11: Home sweet home. 

The car ride was ridiculously silent. It was the type of silence that someone would cough to get rid of. I didn’t like silence any more than the next girl but, as of right now it wasn’t what I was worrying about. What’s on my mind are Rick’s words. 

I’m one of those people who look at something that’s happened and dissects every little detail of it till it’s just scraps left over. If I don’t do that to everything I wouldn’t be satisfied with life. I stress myself out over nothing so that I’ll stop stressing over another thing. I shook my head totally confusing myself as I tried to make sense of my own behaviors. 

What he said really bothered me and made me happy at the same time. I didn’t want Liz to believe me but, she did totally and completely. I guess telling my friend over and over again that I would never lie to her about anything sort of does that. The look on her face was still in my mind. It was a look of betrayal and hurt. In that little moment I felt I had lost my entire world. I stopped myself from thinking about it further. I was tired of it. I sighed and stared of the back seat window. 

“Ba-Selene?” Archer said sounding worried, “Stop thinking so much.” He said grabbing my hand and caressing it gently. I willed myself to pull away but, the seal burned horribly. I continued to stare out of the window and ignored his touch. I heard a sigh. 

You’re friends still love you no matter what Selene…I didn’t mean to ruin your life completely. 

I didn’t bother to answer him back or let him know that I understood what he did. 

I simply stared at the clouds and before I knew it my eyes were watering slightly. I pushed them back with much effort. I had promised myself no more tears. That was before my best friend ran out on me looking as if she’d never talk to me again. I felt Archers worry through the bond and he held my hand even tighter. 

Please don’t cry…please. 

I looked in his direction and showed him that I wasn’t crying. He smiled at me happy that I wasn’t shedding tears because of him. My heart started to crack.  

“It’s really unusual watching you guys, you know?” Anthony said striking up a conversation. 

My head shot to him and I smiled. “Hey! You shouldn’t be people watching.” I said teasingly. 

“Well then stop having silent conversations.” He laughed, “I swear Archer looks guilty and sighs and then you look at him all reassuring. All I need is some popcorn and this scene would be perfect.” 

I couldn’t help but, smile at Anthony. He could make the air so easy to breath. 

“Shut up Tony and get to driving.” I said waving him away. I felt Archers eyes still on me and I shivered. 

Stop doing that I feel like an open book. 

Then stop projecting your thoughts to me…I change my mind don’t stop. 

If I knew how I would.

I wanna be able to read you.  I felt a wave of sadness linger for a while and then disappear. 

Well, then read me. 

Was there any point at all in this conversation then, if in the end your just going to tell me to read you? 

Shut up! 

I looked back out the window once again then, heard a chuckle come from in front of me.