Chapter 2:

Snatched Chapter 2

Slowly, I began to regain consciousness. The darkness seemed to fade as I cracked my eyes open. I was then encased with a dim light. A small bulb was hovering over me.  I looked around the area to see what my surroundings were. I was able to see due to the light that seemed to illuminate some corners of the room and the doorway. From what I can gather this room was a basement of some kind.

I jerked upright and felt resistance, pulling me abruptly to the ground.

My breathing quickened and I could feel my heart beating in my chest. I needed air. I couldn't breathe. My stomach and my head hurt badly. 

I tried to move around and felt that I couldn't. My hands were strapped down and so were my legs. My first instinct was to start screaming but, I did see any sign of anyone who could hear me.

 I pulled at the things around my arms and to my dismay, they didn't offer much room to move around. I was stuck on my back in a bed in the clothes that I was wearing to the movies. So, at least they didn't violate me. That's one positive thing out of all of this I thought to myself.

I began to call out, "Hello, is anyone there? Can you hear me? Please, can you let me go? I won't tell anyone who you are or call the police. I just want to go home." My voice cracked while I spoke. My tongue and mouth were extremely dry and I could barely make my voice audible.

Afterward, The room was encased in silence, lonely silence. I looked to the corner of the room with the door and stared off into space. Swinging slowly back and forth, the light bulb above me lit up that side of the wall every couple of seconds. It lulled me into deep thought. I started asking myself questions that I knew I didn't have the answers to. 

Why did this have to happen to me I thought. Haven't I been a good person? What did I do to deserve this? It could've been any three of us. So, Why me? I shook that thought out of my head. Even though I was in this predicament and it sucked, didn't mean that I should wish it to my closest friends.

Tears were streaking down my face before I knew it. I never thought this was the way I was going to leave this world. I thought back to all the other missing children on TV and how I said to myself that I lived in a safe part of town and this would never happen to me. I thought wrong. Why do I always have to eat my words?

Then, I heard some shuffling in front of the door. Mumbling came right after and the door began to creak open. My eyes grew wide and my skin stood on edge. A soft whimpering sound escaped my lips that I've never heard myself make. I tried to move my body away from whoever was coming through the door but the ropes tying me down stopped me from moving an inch. I choked a scream in my throat and waited to see what was coming. 

A dark hand entered the room at first. Then,  a cloaked figure came through the door and began to stalk towards me.

"No No No No No No " I pleaded quickly, "Please don't hurt me."  I looked over to the figure tears rushing down my face.

There wasn't any answer from the figure. He came beside my bed and sat next to my torso. The bed slowly sunk upon contact and I could feel his weight next to me. My body felt stiff and I was hyperventilating. He might as well have been sitting on my chest. 

The figure wasn't more than a shadow even from where it was sitting next to me. It was as if it didn't even have a face. It brought its cloaked hand to my cheek. I felt its finger tips move along my jaw caressing me gently. I closed my eyes and attempted to move away again. I continued to let out soft whimpers at his touch. It seemed startled by my reaction. It rolled the cloak around its hand and used it to wipe my tears away.