Chapter 7: Folklore

The noise of music made me wake up that morning. I wonder how many times it’s been that I’ve woken up in this place and not in my own home. It’s starting to feel like my actual home after all but, some part of me knows that once the chance to escape arises I would run away. My eyes were stinging from the unexpected light in the room.

I sat up inside the bed to see that Archer wasn’t there. A small part of me worried for a second and the other bpart of me squished that worry into a thousand pieces. My eyes were squinted to shield myself from the light and waking up. I could feel that it was earlier than I normally woke up because through the window it was still pitch black outside. Rubbing my eyes I slid out of the bed and stepped out on the floor.

All I wanted to do was figure out where Archer was. He wasn’t in the bed and I couldn’t see him anywhere else. I began to scratch my tummy as was the normal thing to do when you woke up. I sighed. I’m not much of a morning person. Why is he up this early in the morning for god’s sake?

I opened the door to the bathroom to wash my face. After waking myself up with the water I looked at myself in the mirror to check how badly I had slept. My blond hair wasn’t that messy to my surprise. It looked as if I had stayed in one spot the entire time. I opened my eyes wide so I was able to see my green eyes perfectly. The bright light seemed to cause a gold ring to appear around my pupils and I was entertaining myself by making faces in the mirror.

That’s when it hit me. Why was the light on? I never turned it on in the first place. Then my eyes slowing drifted from myself to the other side of the mirror where I saw a muscular figure showering in the background. It took me a while to finally realize that the strange figure was Archer and when I did I was frozen I the spot I stood. A gasp of epic proportions was created by me and he looked in my direction. I covered my eyes not wishing to meet his gaze.

“Oh, so you noticed I was in here finally.” He laughed, “Took you quite a long time.”

I couldn’t say anything to this my eyes were still covered and I was still standing there like an idiot. My heart rate quickened. I was in a bathroom with a naked man. I willed myself to move but, I was rooted to my spot. I heard the door to the shower click and the shower turn off. He was getting out of the shower.

“I’m so sorry!” I exclaimed.

“Don’t worry about it. I don’t mind at all.” I felt his hand touch the hand that was over my eyes. He brought them off of me and I could see his face. His green eyes seemed to just smile at me. My eyes drifted to his bare chest and the down at the towel he was wearing. Oh thank the heavens.

“I wouldn’t have minded if you had joined me.” He played with hair, “Maybe next time.”

He stepped out of the bathroom with that. My brain seemed to reboot my body because after 20 second of just standing there I answered him.

“How about never!” I shouted through the door. I could hear the slight chuckle.

Since I was already inside the bathroom I took a nice long shower and washed my hair. I stepped out of the shower and wrapped myself in the soft plush towels. The bathroom was so beautiful looking. I felt like I was on MTV cribs or something.