Chapter 8: Leon You Fool.

I looked at Leons face to find any hint that he was lying, nothing at all. My eye twitched and I found it unbelievably hard to breath for some reason.  I had to coach myself into believing that I would be fine. Honestly if they wanted me dead I would be already. I took a deep breath and sighed out my exhale. I had to be rational and do what had to be done to stay alive for my family and friends.

“Okay, your vampires.” I choked out, “What next?”

Leon smirked and Archer looked down at me with one eyebrow cocked up. The fact that I was taking this news so calmly was surprising to even me but, like archer said we didn’t have time to be fooling around.

“Um…guys I understand my lack of emotion is kind of surprising to you right now but didn’t you say that you’d tell me what’s going on.” Leon shook his head as if to knock himself out of a trance. He cleared his throat.

Archer broke his concentration on me and looked at his father.

“Well, to skip the stories for now all I have to say is. It looks like you’ll be going home after all but, there are some very important conditions I have for you.” He said leaning on his desk.

My eyes lit up at the sheer thought of going home. I might have not heard the last part if I hadn’t been trying my best to pay attention. Well, you see when your life is hanging in the balance you tend to stop filtering things out.

“The conditions are simply and the only way you’ll get home, or we’ll just have to keep running around for a couple months.” He went on.

I nodded. Archer’s form became more at attention now. His arms were crossed and his feet were locked. He looked like the guards did except his face was laced with signs of worry. He didn’t show it clearly but, his upper lip kept twitching slightly and he was drumming his fingers on the side of his arm.

“Archer, ready the suitcase portals and our passports etc.” He waved Archer away, “This is something you already know and something Selene will want to hear by herself.”

He bowed and made way to the exit.

When the door shut Leon leaned off the desk and clasped his hands together. “Three simple things you must agree to and you can go home.”

I nodded once again “Leon I understand that. Why do you keep repeating it?”

He sighed. “You and Archer both, just have no patience. What you need are a few extra centuries of experience. Anyway all joking aside, the first thing is that you must marry my son today before we leave. Then, when we do go to the human realm you must stay at our home there at all times. Lastly, I want no word of us being vampires or where you were spoken to anyone or anything. Nothing leaves your lips after this time of talking about it.”

“Anything?” I asked perplexed at why I would tell an inanimate object something.

“Yes anything.” He said seriously, “I don’t care if you see a rock that looks nice. You reapeat to no one.”

A part of my heart shattered into little pieces and dropped to the pit of my stomach. My conditions were so ridiculous that even considering them wasn’t an option. First of all I had no idea what he meant by human realm and  Marrying Archer to get home to my family whom, I won’t even get to see on account of the fact that I’ll be living in their house was just unfair. I would still be kidnapped just around the area where I live. I racked my brain for a way to talk my way out of it and found no other options. I face palmed and sighed heavily. All this stress isn’t good for a girl my age neither is marriage.