Allies with the enemy chapter 10

Hey guys, it's mikaela, i wrote this just cus i didnt want to leave you hanging anymore, plus this explains things a bit. next chapter will be comet and (Maybe) drake, seeing all this through the pack mind.

sorry its really short.

Chapter 10

{Shadow’s POV}

I hate her.

She’s the reason I can't have Cam.

I have the ability to put things in your head.”

I hope that scares her.

“I want you to die”

She needs to die, and then Cam will need me.

“it should have been me!”

I want him! How come it wasn't me?! she was just a human! Until he loved her, until he changed her!

“you don’t deserve him!”

I do.

“I want him!”

With all my heart.

“I always get what I want, and right now, it's you dead.”

She is as good as dead.

{Cam’s POV}

Oh my god.

I prayed that I’d never get this feeling.

But I have it now and it means she’s in trouble.

I need to save her.

She’s my mate.

Also, Comet would have my balls if I let her die,

which I won't.

I didn't even lock the door, I just jumped and caught her scent and ran with it. I took off in the direction of the lake, as fast as I’d ever run before. I was a rocket, fast as light, I was sleek as a snake.

After a while my predatory instincts tuned in, and I was one with nature, but at the same time I was defying nature itself.

She was close. I could tell it was wolves, four, that were hurting her. Not the stupid teenage wolves either, these were elders. That infuriated me. Why my mate? She’s only been a Vampire for a week, she’s only fed once, she’s only killed two wolves, and that was in a fit of rage. So why her? Why her?

I stopped. I was only about fifteen feet from them now, but I needed to scout the area, I need to know who has the upper hand.

Kaela knows my power, but only some. She knows what I can do, but not the mechanics. I used my sixth sense, I tried not to rely on it too much but I loved it. I could tell where everything was I pushed it out farther, around me about twenty feet, I could feel every piece of moss, and every small little beetle.

I went still.

Shadow.

My nostrils flared.

I launched.

In a tenth of a quarter of a millisecond I was standing right in front of her.

“It was you.” I spoke.

“Yes.”

“I know you love me. But get this through your head, Kaela is my mate. And you are not. I will never love you.”

“But you can!” she cried

{Kaela}

It was Cam. He was here!

“But you can!” the mysterious girl cried. “Once she’s gone you won't have any ties, LOVE ME!” she exclaimed.

I heard a slap.

“I will never love you. And Kaela is not going anywhere. I love her. And that’s all there is to it.”

All the wolves were gone in seconds; I heard them smash against the trees.

Cam’s arms encircled me. He lifted me gently.

“I love you too,” I whispered. I really wish I could say I fainted, but I am a Vampire, so I remained conscious.

He smiled down at me as he ran.

In my head I heard the faintest of whispers; this isn't over.