Allies with the enemy chapter 7

Chapter 7

Comet and Drake sat with us at lunch, until Tiffany came up to them and announced that she was going to bump Comet down to Omega or something. I don’t really know that much about wolf hierarchy, but I was pretty sure Omega was the lowest of the low.

Comet stupidly agreed, making Drake angry for some reason, he got up and left without a word. The rest of lunch was spent trying, unsuccessfully to cheer her up. But she just sat there picking at her sandwich, while Cam and I ate our cafeteria meat loaf, drank our water bottles of blood and made stupid funny faces at her in a last ditch attempt to get her attention away from Tiffany.

.............

After school Cam and I stood in the parking lot, waiting to see Comet. Finally I spotted her with Drake and Tiffany and Tiffany’s mob, walking towards the forest. I tugged on Cam’s sweater, and pointed to them. We quickly made our way to the trees and trailed them. Once they had all changed, aside from Drake, they ran to a clearing, we stood in the shadows, silently.

Comet was winning, she was doing extremely well and I had no doubt she would win if Tiffany’s mob hadn’t came at Comet when they saw their almighty leader losing. They were ripping her to shreds mercilessly, it took everything in me to not run into it and kill them all.

Finally! I thought as Drake stepped in, pulling them off, I noticed, with more force than necessary. Comet looked like hell. She ran from the clearing, and I knew she would want to be alone right now so I didn't bother following. 

As Drake walked out slowly, giving them all a warning glance, we appeared.

I ran at that bitch, Tiffany, first. She was the one who made Comet try this in the first place. She was Comet’s almost murderer.  So I charged at the blonde wolf and before she knew what was happening I had landed on her back and tore her head off.

I crap! I thought to myself, killing one of the pack members, even the Delta, (third) to be, was going to mean starting a war. I really couldn’t bring myself to care though. Instead, I sprung to the next of my victims. It was a large reddish/brownish wolf with brown eyes quickly turning midnight black. That might be my new favourite colour, only because with it came the smell of his fear, it was a scent that made me very happy. It was sharp and startling at first. It smelled unbelievably sweet but at the same time tart, it was a scent that said, I'm venerable, and I'm scared as hell, so I should be an easy target.

I stood inches in front of him and decided to play with his fear. I dropped into a crouch in front of him and looked into the dark, dark eyes. He snapped at my face, I grabbed his face in my palms and squeezed, hissing. The dark eyes widened and there was a wine of pain. I smiled wickedly and twisted, his neck snapped and I felt deeply sinister as I took joy in the fading life in his eyes.

I dropped it and stood. “Who’s next?” I asked. The remaining three wolves cowered back. I saw Cam was behind them, making ideas pop into my head. I knew as wolves they couldn’t read so I pushed words to appear on my forehead; the one on the left.

He slowly walked over to it, snuck up behind and lunged, landing on its back and squeezing around its lungs until it was dead. The other two wolves howled out. Scared out of their minds and frozen in terror. I doubt either one had ever seen a Vampire in action before.

My tattoos spelled; The one on the right. And I watched as the wolf was flew up and hit a tree, crashing down dead. The strange thing? Cam hadn’t touched it. He smiled at me, realization hit me full force. Not once had I asked Cam what his gift was, we had just focused on mine.

‘telekinetic?’ my forehead read. He nodded. I laughed to myself, ‘Do it again!’ he looked at the remaining wolf, sandy blonde, and threw it at another tree. He looked at me and we both started laughing.