Allies with the enemy chapter 9

Chapter nine

Comet was whipped off me in an instant. Cam had came to my ‘rescue’ *mocks* once again. Man he really has to stop doing that!

I experienced extreme déjà vu as Comet was pinned to the wall once again, slowly being starved of her oxygen by the monster I loved in Cam. I love him accept in this moment. If he killed her, I would leave. As much as it hurt me he would never see my face again. I would be dead.

Drake through him off her and straight into the far window. As he tended to her I went to him. He had recovered already and was murderously angry.

My mind was fuzzy with everything I was witnessing so I took about half a second to asses things.

1.       Drake was in wolf.

2.       Comet was on the ground.

3.       Drake is now back human and shouting at Cam that he will never tough his mate.

Wait what? When has Cam ever threatened Drake’s m-? And then I clicked. Comet and Drake where mates! That's why they hold hands, and communicate thought the eyes, and why he’s so fiercely protective of her! 

With this new information I gave them their space. I went to Cam, stood right in front of him. I looked him in the eye, and then bitch slapped him. His head even did the little jerky turn thing too! Do you realise how hard you’d have to slap for that to happen?

I let it all out, venting everything I needed said. I’ll spare you the details. When I was finished he just stood there, shaking with rage.

““so-rry” he said to Drake and Comet. “can y-you leave before I-I flip and accidentally kill s-someone?”

I was too focused on Cam to hear what happened next, but I knew they left.

 Cam stared at me, and I stared at him. We never broke our gaze, not for at least four hours. “I'm sorry.” He said, finally pulling me into his arms. I breathed him in greedily. “I just saw you, and she was attacking you, and, and, and I, I had to save you.” He stuttered.

“Shhhh, I know, calm down. I love you too,” I reached up and kissed him. And we kissed for a very long time. Not needing to come up for air was good. Convenient.

 His kiss was like magic, a spark. No, that’s a lie, no spark, freaking fireworks! He told me everything I’d ever need to know with his kisses, like how much he loved me. That's really all I've ever needed.

I didn't want to pull away, but I had to. Things were getting serious.

“I am going to go for a run okay? I need to clear my head.” I turned and walked out the door without waiting for a reply.

I jumped down and let myself just fall. I hit the ground by my feet and instantly took off running. I went fast as I could. I ran for hours, without a care in the world. Until I smelled wolf.

Four maybe, coming to me from my left, but they hadn’t smelled me yet. I had superior senses. I took off, up the nearest tree, it was tall, but it took only seconds to get high enough.

“Hey! I smell one!” called a voice. It sounded echoed, and distant. Like yelling through a tunnel. What I didn't understand was who I came from. All the wolves where in form.

“I smell it too!”

“The scent is fresh! Not even two minutes, they got to be close!”

“In case you’re wondering, it's their voices, that I put in your head.” Said another voice, way closer. I whipped around, behind me was a girl, about fifteen.

“Who are you?” I asked.

“I’m your worst night mare,” she said. Then she grabbed me and whipped me towards the ground.

The echo voices came back.

I have the ability to put things in your head.”

“I want you to die”

“it should have been me!”

“you don’t deserve him!”

“I want him!”

“I always get what I want, and right now, it's you dead.”

I was suddenly unable to move, I was paralyzed. In seconds four wolves were on me tearing me to shreds, and there was nothing I could do. Why hadn’t I stayed with Cameron? Why had I broken our kiss? We could have just... I don’t know. But I sure rather be doing that than be here. And now we’ll never get the chance.

Or so I thought. Until I heard my favourite voice in the world.