Allies with the enemy - chapter 3

Chapter three

(Kaela Tawnie Julian)

Finally she got tired, I could have danced all night, heck, all year, but she needed to get some sleep.

The only thing now is, I'm going to be really bored for the next six hours. I tried my best to hide the disappointment on my face by looking away.

“Going to sleep finally?” Kaela asked.

“Yuppers” she said with a yawn. “Now scoot your booty over before I kick it over”

“Yea right, like you could kick me over, I'm a freaking Vampire,” I mumbled to myself.

Suddenly, Cam burst into the room.

“What the hell are you doing here Cam? No, how did you get in here?” I shouted. I don’t understand how he got in here, or why.

 “Through the bathroom window,” he said, not looking at me, but staring disgustedly at Comet.

“He’s climbing in yo’ windows, he’s snatchen’ yo’ people up, try-” I gave Comet a ‘WTF’ look, and said,

“What’s wrong with you?” but on the inside I was laughing so hard.

  “Well, this stupid mutt needs to be put down!” he said, his hands clenching into fists. He was angry, and I had no idea why. Also, what did he mean with, ‘mutt’?

“Please I- I didn’t d-do any-” Comet stuttered. In a second Cam had his hand around her throat. 

“Don’t lie to me,” he growled murderously. I wanted more than anything to go and pull him away from her, but I was frozen. A tear slipped down my face as I saw the look in Comet’s eye, I turned away.

“pl- se I-I haven’t even shif-ed yet” Comet gasped to get out. What did she mean shifted?

The door to the room burst open and a furious Mr. Daniels barged in, yanking Cam from Comet and throwing him across the room. I wanted to run to him but I knew he was fine so I went quickly to Comet’s side, patting her on her back as she coughed and gasped for air.

“What are you doing in my house!” I hear Comet’s dad shout.

“She was going to try to kill Kaela when she was sleeping!” he turned to comet as she had just about finished her fit of coughs. “But here the thing, you stupid enough to think that a vampire sleeps, she would have gotten up and broke your neck!” he laughed.

“Vampire dang I thought I was a freak wait! What other un-human thing are there?” she asked, her voice straining.

“Shut up!” Cam snapped at her.

I heard a loud tear and then Mr. Daniels had turned into a large brown wolf. I gasped, was this what Cam meant by mutt? And Comet by shifted? Was Comet a werewolf? It would explain why she smelled like some serious dog.

“Dad you don’t need to, I-I’m fine really just let him go I’m fine” Comet said, her voice breaking. Cam looked her way, I could tell he was confused, so was I. Five seconds ago Cam was about to kill her, and now she’s letting him go? “Dad! Go please nothing will happen I’m fine he won’t come back I swear it” she begged, she got up and attempted to pull him back by the fur. He threw he off and pushed her back, growling.

“Kaela leave” Cam said demandingly but so sweetly, at the same time.

 “I can’t I’ll fight by your side no matter what even if it’s against Mr. Daniels” I said, no way was I leaving.

“No! Kaela, I said leave!” he ordered, I stood up and walked to him, looked him in the eye and growled; 

“No,” a look crossed his face, almost like he was scared,

“You’ll get hurt!” he said softly.

“It doesn't matter. I'm not leaving you,”

Apparently our little drama became irritating to Comet’s father because he came at us, jumping forward and going for Cam. “NO DAD!” Comet screamed, as he attacked Cam.

On impulse I jumped and knocked into Mr. Daniels, getting him off Cam. I tried to get my hands around his neck but I was suddenly knocked off by a grey wolf, with Comet’s blue eyes.

It snarled at me, and I dropped into a crouch, ready to spring at it. I hissed I had no control over myself.

A woman ran into the room, she was human. “EVERYBODY CALM DOWN!” she yelled. Though my thinking was hazy, I recognised the woman now as Mrs. Daniels, Comet’s mom. No one moved an inch, made a sound, or looked at her. I looked into the grey wolf’s eyes. Kaela and friend, I want you out of this house now, or I’ll call over some friends too. not human friends, more wolves,”

My eyes snapped to Cam. He nodded, “Yes ma’m we’ll leave,” he said calmly, trying to do some damage control. He slowly backed up, heading towards the window, but never turning his back to the wolves. He motioned for me to do the same. My back pack was just beside the window, so he picked it up and slipped it on. “You go first,” he said to me. I backed up to the window, opened it and let myself fall out, landing on the soft grass. Cam jumped out behind me.

He took my hand and we ran into the forest. “Cam, my house is the other way,” I informed him.

“Yea, I know but mine isn't, and you can't go home, not tonight,” he said.

“Why the hell not!?” I exclaimed.

“SHH! And you can't go home because they will look for you there, when werewolves are threatened by vampires, they go after them. We were lucky to get out of there alive! The girl knows where you live, they will go after you!”

“Well, couldn’t they follow our scent to your house?” I asked.

“Yes, but I'm leading them off. We will go in a different direction, and then circle back through the tops of the trees. Wolves can't climb, nor can they smell us up that high,” he explained.

We ran for about an hour, and then circled back through the trees like he said.

Once we go into his house I went straight to the fridge and pulled out a bottle of blood, and chugged it straight. Cam looked at me like I was crazy. “Powering up,” I said. “Just in case,”

“Ah, what the hell?” he shrugged, and then did the same.

He looked at me, a little shyly. “So um, there’s something I have to tell you,” he started. “Wolves and vampires are sort of alike in one way. We, um... we both have um... mates,” he said uncomfortably.

“Mates?” I asked.

“Uh, yea, like one person in the world who they are made for. Their reason for existing,  Someone who they would risk their life for,” he said looking me in the eyes, “Someone they love, from the moment they see them,” he then looked really uncomfortable. “Uh, if the girl doesn’t accept the guy though, the guy dies,” he took a big deep breath. “You, and me Kaela, we’re mates,” he said finally.

I smiled widely, I was hoping that we were, because I really liked him, and the thought of him falling in love with someone else made me angry.

He took a step closer. “Do you accept me Kaela?” he asked hopefully.

I nodded. He quickly closed the space between us and kissed me fiercely. It was amazing; he took my breath away and filled me with pure joy. I wrapped my arms around his neck ad he pulled me to him by the hips. When we broke apart I smiled again, I looked into his eyes. They were green now, an amazing shade of emerald, I knew that it was the colour they were before he changed.

“Ever since the moment I saw you I loved you, Kaela,” he said quietly. I kissed him.

“I love you too,” I said afterwards.

Now if only my best friend wasnt my natural enemy. I thought to my self. Every thing would be perfect.

>>>>>>>>>>>>X<<<<<<<<<<<

thanks for reading! hope you liked it,

vote!

comment!

fan!

-Mikaela <3