Episode Nine: Let Go of Your Hate

"While seeking revenge, dig two graves - one for yourself." ~ Douglas Horton

Third Person POV

Kylo was standing amongst the falling snow watching the ship land in the distance. He wasn't standing alone, he had General Hux by his side. The general glances over at him.

"You don't have to do this, you can still turn back!" The general yells over the harsh wind but he only met the blank stare of Kylo's mask.

"I am far from being saved, General, and I suggest you stop trying to turn me back when you are over here yourself." Kylo states and the General cringes as realization sets in.

"You're right, but that doesn't mean I have to continue this, fearful conquest of the Galaxy." General Hux says and he steps away from the Sith-wannabe.

"Fine, but then you'll just have to die." Kylo states and he notices the horror on the general's face. The general steps back and Kylo smirks beneath his mask.

"You don't have to fight!" A voice calls and Kylo swears thinking he was seeing a ghost, "This doesn't have to end with another death!" Luke Skywalker? A younger Luke Skywalker?

"If anyone is to die, Skywalker, it'll be you!" Kylo roars, "Again!"

"No." General Hux turns to face Kylo without an ounce of fear on his face, "It'll be you!"

Kylo steps back the shock written all over his features. Even with a mask on the on coming group could see it. They were shocked themselves, not expecting General Hux to even think something like that.

"Did he just say that?" Poe asks and Rey nods slowly unsure if General Hux had in fact said it. It could just be the wind playing tricks on the words being said.

Kylo stands watching his former general, since now he could no longer be considered it, the wind whipping his robes around like a battered and forgotten child's toy. His hands went up to his mask and slowly he removed it.

"Fine, I want you to see the face of the man who kills you." Kylo states flatly while letting the mask fall to the snow covered ground with an audible thud.

"So that's what he looks like." Poe says with a quiet laugh but Rey and Finn just look over at him with slight nods.

The-no-longer-General Hux was staring at the face of the man he only ever saw as a mask. His eyes were taking in the long black hair, the troubled brown eyes, and the suffering beneath it all. Hux steps back, now, noticing the fury. The group of on coming people stops, Leia being the closet one to Hux and her son. Don't do this, please don't do this.

"This doesn't have to end in a fight." Luke says in an almost pleading manner, "No one else has to die, Ben, this can all end if you would just let go of your hate."

Kylo stares, surprised that the 23 year old even knew who he was let alone his real name. They must have told him.

"Why are you here, Skywalker, shouldn't you be destroying my grandfather's legacy or something?" Kylo asks with a scoff.

"The force wanted me here to learn from these mistakes." Luke states bluntly with a wave at the surrounding area, "Otherwise, I probably would be back on Yavin Four helping my sister rebuild the republic."

"And what have you learned?" Kylo asks laughing a hand on his saber. His other hand did a wave of sorts blowing off the rebel's statement.

"To never abandon you and to make sure that you never have a thought of the dark side." Luke shrugs and Kylo turns to face the Jedi that was currently younger than him.