Chapter 1

"Get in here! Now!" My master yelled. I ran upstairs to his room as fast as I could and opened the door. "Yes, master?" I asked meekly. I received a very hard slap on my cheek and I went flying across the room, considering how strong he was.

"Next time, don't take so long!" He roared. "Yes, master." I said on the verge of tears. "I'll give you something to cry about!" He shouted and began kicking me, pulling at my tail, and slashing at my ears. "Go get dinner ready! Medium rare steak!" He shouted when he was done. 

I nodded my head silently and went down to the kitchen. I hurriedly cooked his food and ran back upstairs with it. He took his plate then slammed his door in my face.

I went back into the kitchen to clean my wounds. I cleansed my tail, then wrapped the hurt part in gauze. I did the same to my ears, but bandaged them. Then I took care of the scratches on my face.

Just then, Jimmy entered the room. He was twelve and didn't mistreat me. None of the kids did. they all really liked me. "Hi, Cuddles!" he said happily. 'Cuddles' is what he called me, since I always comfort and cuddle him when he has nightmares. And since I don't have an actual name.

"Hey, Jimmy. What is it?" I asked. "I brought you something." He told me. I smiled at him. "And what's that?" I asked. "A basket of blueberries. Sara and I picked them earlier." He answered.

"Anything in particular you want me to use them for?" I asked playfully accusing him. "Blueberry pie?" He asked hopefully. I laughed softly and nodded. "YAY!— Cuddles, why do you look like you were crying? And you're hurt!" He said alarmed.

"I was coming back from the woods with the food the hunters had killed, then I tripped and hurt myself in the trees." I lied. "Oh....." Was all he said before smiling at me and skipping out of the kitchen.

I laughed lightly to myself and got to work.

~*~*~

Today is the full moon. I better be very careful. Werewolves are loony under it. I thought to myself as I got dressed the next morning.

I went down to the kitchen to make everyone breakfast and I found Jimmy and Sara in there. "Hey, you two love birds. What's up?" I asked teasingly. Jimmy turned red. "W-We're not love birds." Sara told me.

I smiled. "I was only teasing." I laughed softly and went to work. "Should I make poached eggs and french toast, or scrambled eggs and bacon?" I asked and turned around to see the two of them making out.

"Mate." I heard Jimmy growl into the kiss. I turned back around to give them some privacy and decided to just make both, along with some pancakes.

We walked out towards the dining room. "So strange to find your mate at your age, but, miracles happen all the time." I told the sweet couple that were holding hands now.

"When do you think you'll find your mate?" Jimmy asked me. "Not those kind of miracles. Those kind only happen in fairy tales." I told him. "Everyone has a mate." Sara piped up. "Not me. Now, you two go sit down while I serve breakfast." I told them.

I gave everyone their food then went upstairs to serve the master. I was about to knock on the door when it flew open. Master Dren was wearing leather and had on his weapons belt with his silver claws.

"What is it?" He sneered. "Breakfast." I answered and held the plate of food out to him. He scarfed it down and grabbed my arm. I was too afraid to ask where we were going so I kept quiet.

We came to a clearing in the woods where another man stood. He looked at me curiously. "And who is this lovely young lady?" He asked. I'd never heard someone speak so nicely about me. I was half tempted to turn around and see if there was another girl behind me. "My stakes in our deal. You win; you get her and you can keep your territory, I win; I keep her and I get your territory." He answered.

"Deal." The other man said. 

They both lunged at each other and blood was shed. I hid behind a tree, scared to be caught in the middle. Soon, Master Dren was on the ground and he cried out in agony when the other man placed his foot on his chest. "Looks like I win." He smirked.

I kept in my hiding place, trembling with fear. The man looked in my direction. "Come on out. I won't hurt you." He told me. Master Dren took this opportunity to slip out of his grasp and raced to me. He snatched my arm and took off at top speed back to the pack house.

He tossed me into my room harshly and I landed roughly on the floor. "You're done working for the day." He said in disgust. He slammed the door and I heard it lock.

I went over to my closet and pulled out a dress to sleep in since I didn't really have pajamas. The dress was knee length, long sleeved, and a beautiful shade of forest green.

I suddenly heard the front door bust down and a feral growl. I hid under my bed curled up in a ball on the floor. "What do you want?!" Master Dren's voice yelled. "I simply came to collect my part of the deal." The man's voice from earlier snarled.

I heard growls, howls, snarls, and whimpers. Then everything went silent.

The door to my room suddenly flew off it's hinges and I buried my head in my knees. "I know you're in here. I won't hurt you." The man's voice said kindly. His feet approached my bed and he slowly looked under it at me.

He held his hand out to me. "I'm Russel. What's your name?" He asked. "I-I don't h-have one." I stammered. "What do you mean?" He asked curiously. "I was never given a name." I stuttered. "You look cold..." He murmured. I nodded my head.

"Come with me. I'll take you to my house. I promise not to try anything with you. I don't think my mate would like that very much." He told me. I took his hand and came out from under the bed hesitantly.

He rubbed soothing circles on my back, some how seeing I was still scared. "Come." Not far from the pack house, was a car, his car, and we rode to his house.

~*~*~

Once inside, I was hit with a blast of heat, and it felt really good compared to the weather outside. "Sit down and I'll bring you something to eat." He told me. His house was like a mansion. I sat down on the couch, unsure of what to do.

The front door suddenly flew open. "Momma! Daddy! I'm home!" A sweet little voice shouted. A young boy, maybe five or six, walked into the room I was in. When he saw me, his face lit up. "Kitty!" He tackled me into a hug.

"Hi, I'm Hunter! Who are you?!" He said excitedly. He was so cute! "I don't have a name." I admitted. He gasped like someone told him there were no more cookies left in the cookie jar. "Then, what can I call you?" He asked.

"I don't know. But, I think you should go see your daddy. He'll tell you everything." I told him. He nodded, gave me one last bear hug, and left to find his father. Soon, Russel came back with a woman and his son. "This is my mate, Mirabella, and you've already met Hunter. Our other kids will be home from school in an hour." He told me. 

Mirabella handed me a plate with a sandwhich on it and a glass of sprite. I hadn't had food in forever! I took it warily, and ate hungrily. "Poor thing. You must be starved." She cooed and stroked my cheek. I flinched ever so slightly. I wasn't used to being treated gently and not like a punching bag.

"Come to the kitchen when you're done, OK? You can eat whatever you want." She told me and left. I polished off my meal and went to find the kitchen.

It really wasn't too hard, so I soon was sitting down at the table. Mirabella was scurring around, baking, making, and cooking. I ate another sandwhich, some cookies, and some baked fish along with a glass of Dr. Pepper. 

Later, four guys entered. They were around my age and they all stopped dead in their tracks when they saw me.

Heyo! What'd ya think? Be honest. Remember, this is only the first chp and it does get better than this! 

:)          :P         <:)             <3>