Chapter 5

I opened the door a sliver to see Conner, Jake, and Max backed up against the wall. "You can come out, now. We promise not to move until you say we can." Jake murmured. I stepped out cautiously and backed away.

Max suddenly jumped of the wall and tried to run towards me. Conner grabbed him and threw him against the wall then grabbed me and raced into what I assumed to be his room. I backed away from him as he locked the door.

"W-What are you doing?" I asked. "Mating with you, of course." He answered. "It isn't a full moon, so you shouldn't be like this." I whimpered. "It's a blue moon." He said as he came closer to me with a smirk on his face.

The door suddenly burst open to Max. He rushed me out to his room and bolted the door. He pounced on me and we landed on his bed. "Max....." I whimpered. I heard thudding coming from the door and it broke down.

Jake was on the other side. He ran to us, threw Max off me, picked me up bridle style and carried me to his room. He shut the door and switched on a lamp. The bookcase in his room began to slide out of place and behind it was a door.

Jake opened the door and walked inside with me. The door shut and I heard the bookcase moving back. He turned on a light and placed me down on a bed. "Calm down. It's OK. Don't cry. I won't hurt you." He murmured and stroked my cheek.

"W-What ar-re y-you goin-g to d-do to m-me?" I hadn't realized I was crying. "Nothing. Just relax." He told me while moving stray strands of hair from my face. "Don't yo-u fe-el the pull of the m-moon?" I asked.

He shook his head. "This room prevents the moon from getting to me." He answered. "S-So you don't want to do anything with me?" I asked. "Well, I wouldn't say that. I still want you, but I won't try anything." He said gently.

Jake stroked my hair and kissed my cheeks, catching my tears with his lips before they fell off my face. "Relax, OK? You sleep here, I'll take the couch." He said and kissed me on my forehead good night.

It was a king sized bed and was very lonely. "Jake?" I whispered. "Yeah, angel?" He replied. "Will you come lay in the bed?" I asked quietly. No response. I figured he thought I was crazy and went back to bed. Then I felt the other side of the bed dip down. "Don't worry, I'll stay on my side." I heard a smile in his voice.

"Good, if I wake up with both of us clothes-less, well, let's just say, you'll have to deal with Neka." I joked. I heard him whimper in fear. "Please, no! She scares me! I promise I won't do anything!" He told me. I smiled and turned to look at him.

He was smiling at me with amusement evident in his eyes. "Seriously, though, she does scare me." He told me. "I'll remember that." I smiled. He chuckled and played with my tail, sending involuntary shivers down my back.

"Why do I get the feeling I'm the first guy you let get this close to you?" He asked. "Maybe because you are." I mumbled. "Can you explain?" He asked. "I'm very sure I could, but that doesn't mean I will." I told him.

He smiled and shook his head. "So, is that a no?" He asked. "No." I replied. "Then what is it?" He asked, utterly confused. " It's a 'Maybe later'." I answered as he stroked my arm. "I'll hold you to that." He said before I allowed myself to be consumed by darkness.

~*~*~

When I woke up, Jake was sitting on the couch. "Ready to go eat? I won't let anyone touch you. I'll punch them if they look at you, OK?" He asked. I nodded and got up, following him out.

Neka practically attacked me when I got down there. "Are you okay? What did he do to you? If he tried anything... I swear, I'll--" I cut her off. "I'm fine. He didn't touch me. Just Connor and Max..." I told her, her ears were flat at this point.