Chapter 2

The four guys' eyes darkened with lust and they all lunged at me. I shrieked and raced up the stairs. I wasn't paying attention to where I was going and I ran into someone. I fell down onto my back.

I looked up at the person. She was a neko like me! She had black cat ears and a black fluffy cat tail with short black hair, she had strange purple eyes. She was going to lash out at me and beat me to a pulp! I knew it!

"I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to!" I said on the verve of tears. She looked at me. "So you're the new neko?" She asked. I was too scared to answer and felt a warm liquid running down my face.

"Why are you crying?" She asked me. "I don't want you to hurt me. I didn't mean to run into you. It's just, I wasn't looking where I was going and these guys lunged at me down in the kitchen and....I just..." I tried to explain.

"No worries. I'm Neka, by the way. You?" She held out a hand to me. I took it and she helped me up. "I don't have a name." I told her. Her eyes widened. "How'd that happen?" She asked in disbelief. I burried my face in my hands and silently cried.

"Come to my room." She lead me to a door and opened it to a dark colored room with Tobuscus, ImmortalHD, Skillet, Maroon5, and Red posters. There was a king sized bed with a dark comforter with deep gold pillows, a plasma screen TV, many game consols on a table under the TV, I assumed there were games in the tables drawers, and there was a large bookshelf, stuffed with a lot of books next to a large mahogany desk.

"Now, sit down and tell sissy Neka everything." She lead me to her bed and we sat down. "Well, when I was born, my parents abandoned me in the forest. I was found by a cruel Alpha of a cold, heartless pack and he brought me in, thinking I would be of some use to him. No one cared to give me a name. When I turned four, he started using me as a maid, cook, nanny, and a punching bag. It's been that way ever since. The children of the pack weren't corrupted by the rest, so they didn't treat me harshly, but everyone else did. Then, Master Dren fought with Alpha Russel and I was part of the stakes. Alpha Russel won, though and I ended up here just hours ago." I explained my life story.

When I was done, she engulfed me into a bear hug and wouldn't let go. "That's worse than me! I knew my parents loved me when they died in that house fire, but I couldn't imagine being abandoned by them! And you were just an infant!" She sobbed. "What's your story?" I asked her, slightly crying.

"My uncle started to abuse me, which was the time he took me in after the fire and your story got to me so much, I can't help myself." She explained. "You poor thing. How long have you been here?" I asked. "About a year. Russel rescued me, same as he did you." She answered.

"So, do you like any of the boys here?" I asked, moving to a lighter topic. She turned bright red. "Yeah, Marq. The oldest. Then there's Jake, Conner, and Max. The youngest is hunter, he's five." She told me.

"Someone has a crush!" I said in a sing-song voice. "Shut up!" She shouted and I felt myself shy away. "Sorry." I told her. "No, I'm sorry. I didn't realize you were like this. I didn't mean 'shut up' I just meant I like him a lot, but I don't wanna say anything if he doesn't feel the same way. I know he doesn't. He likes you." She said sadly.

"I promise I won't like him back. That's betraying you. And I don't want to betray my bff." I told her. She smiled. "Thanks." She said. I nodded and we played video games the rest of the night. Once I got used to them, I had my fair share of wins.

~*~*~

After playing video games half of the night, Neka yawned. "Ready to sleep?" She asked. "Yeppers." I said. "Um..." She walked out of the room and a few minutes later, Russel and Marq carried a bed in. "Your bed is here!" Neka said and layed on it. "Kind of hard... Here..." She threw a pillow at me. Marq rolled his eyes and walked out, he was... weird... "Good night, ladies." Russel said, and walked out, turning the lights off and closing the door.

"Hang on." Neka said and began to puch at my bed. "There." She said amd jumped on it. "Much softer." She purred. "Thanks." I giggled. She smiled and tackled me. "It's going to be like a permanent sleep over!" She exclaimed. I smiled. "Hyper much? Tell me, how many cookies did you have before bed? Those things will give you baked nightmares. You'll never want to eat or cook again." I said in an eerily creepy voice.

Neka looked at me with her notch slighly open, eyes glaring, "I don't even know what cookies taste like. Too lazy to make them, uncle never gave them to me, and when Alpha Mirabella makes them, the boys eat all of them up first...." She said and frowned.

"Well then, tomorrow, I'll make every kind of cookie known to man and you can eat them all day." I told her. Her eyes lit up. "YAY!!!" She squealed and hugged me. I smiled and yawned. "Let's go to bed." Neka told me, I nodded and we crawled up under our covers.

"Do you hate me?" I asked. "No, why would I?" She relpied. "Cause Marq is after me." I mumbled. "No, you promised not to go for him, and you're my first real bff. And to prove it, I'm going to name you." She said. 

"Ok, what's my name?" I asked. "Nnnnnn..........Ruby." She said before going to sleep. i quickly followed her to dreamland, happy with my best friend, my new name, and the fact that I was now free of my old pack. I kind of missed the kids, though. They didn't do anything wrong to me until they were corrupted by their pack.