Jerome is upset

"I-I... T-tris-... Wha?" I said completely confused.

"I-I'm sorry, Jade. I sho-" I cut him off.

"Its not that, its just- me? Why me? Of all people?" I aaked.

"Well, your smart, kind, funny, beautiful-" I cut him off with a fit if laughter.
"You think I'm beautiful? You must be blind or delusional. Or both." I said in between laughs. He stood there, he looked shocked. "If you really believe that, than yes, I would love to. But me." I said gaining control of myself. I looked over Tristan's shoulder to find a glaring bacca.  He couldn't hear what we were saying, but I could tell he didn't like the looks of us together. He is almost as protective as he would be if he was my biological father. We sat by each other while we waited for our seats. Jerome stood up and moved to sit by me and Tristan.

"Jade, is there something your not telling me?" He whispered in my ear. I nodded my head no. When we finally got our seats, I sat next to Tristan. Preston tried to sit next to me, but Jerome made him move over a chair. I saw Preston lean in to whisper something in Jerome's ear, and I listened to their conversation. Sometimes having the superhuman senses came in handy. 

"Does it matter if she has a boyfriend? Mitch has a girlfriend, and you don't care about that." He said very matter-of-factly.

"Ya, but I'm not his father." Preston sighed. "Back me up, Mitch. Rob? Vikk? Lachlan?" He pleaded. Everyone shook their head. "I'm not the only one here that is worried about her, am I?"

"Are you worried about her, or her growing up?" Vikk questioned.

"Both!" Jerome yelled, clearly upset.

"Dude, she is almost fifteen, and she has never had a boyfriend before. She has gone years thinking nobody loves her." Rob stood up for me.

"I love her!" Jerome protested. "I promised her I would protect her, and I don't want her heart broken." He explained.

"I understand, but you can't protect her  forever. What happens when your not there?" Mitch asked. Jerome sighed.

"I know." He gave up. I stood up and hugged him.

"It's OK. I'll always love you. I'll always be your little girl."

A/N

So sorry I didn't post yesterday, but I had about five or six cups of coffee, and I didn't trust myself to write when I was that hyper.