Unhappy Refrain -KH.FF- <17>

It was then that it turned to after school Thursday. I decided to work on the police station application, since I needed the money. I couldn’t just live off of Riku’s money forever. And I’m sure he’d say something and force me to get a job so he can get his money to himself again anyway. I sighed, sitting down and looking at the application.

“…What is that?” I looked up, my eyes wide as I saw who asked it. Warrior of Light. I took a breath, then looked at the application.

“O-oh…it’s an application for a job.” I said, as he nodded, sitting down next to me and looking at it.

“…A police station?” He inquired, as I nodded.

“Um, yes. A friend of mine told me they were hiring and I really need some money…” I explained. He hummed at the information, as I looked at the application, grabbing a pen in front of me. Name: {Name} {Last Name}. Age: 17. I smiled. This seemed like the applications back home. I kept answering, then paused at a question. Phone Number. I had no cell phone, and I didn’t know anyone else’s number.

“…Why pause at that question?” I heard Warrior of Light ask, turning to him. I almost forgot about him.

“O-oh, um…well, I don’t have a phone number, and I don’t know anyone else’s number…Fang’s not home to tell me Riku’s number or hers, either. Really, you’re the only one home, and…” I started, as he nodded. I didn’t even know that he started talking. I mean, it was only on Tuesday that he was run over by a car. And, I guess it made sense. Fang probably gave him a potion. And I talked as soon as I was awake. Though I wondered why he was talking to me. He didn’t seem like to talk to someone unless it was for the good of the mission or something along those lines.

“…You can leave it blank until someone comes home.” He replied, causing me to think about this.

“…Yeah. I guess I can do that.” He nodded and looked over at the application. I felt slightly uncomfortable, and looked at him.

“I’m not meaning to sound rude, and I’m not trying to make you go away or anything, but…why the interest in the application?” I asked, a slight smile. He just stared with the same expression and looked at me.

“No interest. I just don’t have much to do. If you choose to believe it, I ended up cleaning the house today. Mainly because no one is ever really ever home.” He explained, as I frowned.

“Oh, I see…yeah, I guess it does get boring when you’re by yourself, huh? I know I felt the same way when I was back at home and my grandma was sleeping when I was off at her house.” I admitted, as he looked at me.

“…You lived with your grandmother?” I shook my head.

“No. I lived with my parents. But, with the dozens of trips they took, I might as well have. Though, I did have my video games handy…and it wasn’t all that boring.” I said, as I smiled.

“Sorry. If I sounded like I was complaining about my parents, I’m not. Believe me, I’m over it.” He nodded.

“I wasn’t thinking anything of the sort. Now…about your police station application.” He said, as I remembered it.

“Oh, shoot, yeah!” I said, looking back at it and answering the questions. Though, when I looked up once slightly…I swore I could see a ghostly smile on the Warrior of Light’s face.

……

I got up, done with the application and done with watching TV with Warrior of Light.

“I’m pretty hungry…how about we make something to eat for when they get home?” He nodded, getting up along with me. I walked into the kitchen and opened a few cabinets, seeing what I could make for…I looked at the clock. Dinner. I frowned, wondering where Vanille was. Fang, I assumed was still working. But, Vanille…clubs were over. And she was supposed to come home an hour ago…