Unhappy Refrain -KH.FF- <8>

Sitting throughout Science was alright. And, I didn’t even fall asleep once, thank God. Of course, it didn’t help that I was thinking about what Riku said. About being his favorite. Now, with being Axel’s new favorite, I knew that that was a bad thing. But with Rufus, I wasn’t entirely sure. The annoying bell rang and both Riku and I got up to get out. I looked at Riku.

“…Hey Riku?”

“Hm?”

“…Is being the principal’s favorite a bad thing?” I asked, as he blinked.

“…I can’t answer that. Because it’s never happened.” He said, shrugging, my eyes widening.

“What?!” He looked at me.

“Well, everyone’s afraid of him. He’s a pretty scary guy, and normally gets his way. So, obviously, he’s going to be untouchable and unreachable. Besides, Sora says he got confirmation from Zack that you are, in fact, now his favorite.” I groaned.

“Oh…I see. That’s just fan-fucking-tastic.” I said, pinching the bridge of my nose.

“Hey, {Name}, I need you for a minute.” I heard Reno say, as I looked at him. Riku sighed.

“Well, I guess I’ll see you in History.” He said, walking out. I walked over.

“Yes?” He gave me a book.

“Here. You’ll need this for class. Also, we’re on chapter 7. Read it and memorize it.” He said, as I nodded.

“Um, okay…” He sighed.

“Okay…and, one more thing, during lab days, you have to bring your own goggles and apron. Got it?” He said. I nodded.

“Yeah, no worries.” I said, as he sighed.

“Good. Now, go on to class and welcome to hell.” He said, causing me to smile.

“Glad to have a warm welcome.” I said, as he shrugged. I walked out and went straight into Balthier’s class. Instead, I saw someone else. It was Seifer, who was grumbling something about ‘lousy fucking Balthier’. I blinked.

“…Um-”

“He’s out, I’m here, GET OVER IT.” He said, before actually looking at me. He blinked. I could see he still had his scar, and also had the looks from Final Fantasy VIII.

“…You’re new.” He said, leaning back in his chair.

“Makes sense. I’m Seifer. I’m 18, substituting for Balthier until he comes back, and you better respect me. I’m part of the Disciplinary Committee, and that’s about it.” He explained, staring at me with a glare. I nodded.

“Oh…um, sorry…” He raised a brow.

“…You’ve probably heard ‘um, where’s Balthier’ all the time last period…sorry.” I said. I figured that it wasn’t exactly going to get him to be less angry, but, I knew how it felt to be asked the same question over and over again, and boy was it annoying. He blinked.

“…It’s fine. You probably didn’t know that Balthier takes off a shit-ton. Whenever he does, I substitute for him. So, get used to seeing this ugly mug often.” He said, shrugging. I blinked. He was actually accepting the apology? I smiled.

“Well, if it’s any consolation, I don’t think you have an ugly mug, per se…” I said, shrugging. It’s true. Just like many others in the Final Fantasy series of the glorious Tetsuya Nomura, he wasn’t really bad looking, and was actually kind of handsome. He wasn’t that much of a bad person, either. He cared for Squall and the others, and his mind was also warped by the sorceress into thinking he was living his dream. So, he was alright with me. He smirked.