Chapter 29 (Marissa)

"Whispers of Hope"

2011 Copyright All Rights Reserved

Chapter 29 (Marissa)

Zach and I pulled up in front of my house and I found myself lost in my thoughts once again.  All I could think about was the big fight with Sergio coming up and wondered what in the hell I would I do if anything bad happened to Zach.  I had no doubts that I would not be able to survive it.

Then my thoughts flitted to my father, my real father. He was the reason for all of this mess in the first place.  If he had never showed up then we wouldn't  have had to worry about a Machto or death match.  If he had just kept his ass back in New York where he belonged then Zach and I would have been perfectly fine.  Content with being in love with other.  Not having to worry about our future and I would not have to worry about my mates life that so precariously hung in the balance now.

"Hey, what's going on in that pretty little head of yours?"  Zach asked and I felt the familiar warmth of our connection on my thigh where he had place his hand and goose bumps broke out across my arms.  I don't think that I'll ever get used to this sweltering feeling.  It's a nice feeling that never fails to bring me some semblance of peace even though it seems as though the world around me is wildly spinning out of control.

Turning to Zach, I offered him a smile.  This guy sitting before me has shown me so much love over the last few weeks.  He was not only my boyfriend or mate as he calls it; he was my other half, my soul.  My heart beats for him and him alone.

When I didn't respond at first, Zach gave my thigh a gentle squeeze and looked up at me worriedly, "You okay baby?" He asked.

"Yeah," I told him not wanting to cause him any additional reasons for concern.  When he only frowned at me I covered the hand he had placed on my leg with my own and insisted, "I'm fine.  I'm just a little tired from everything that has happened over the last twenty four hours."

Zach stared down at my belly before quickly glancing back up at me.  It was a little odd, but before I could think anymore about it he swooped in and placed one of his soul searing kisses on my lips.  Instantly, I melted in his arms and for a moment, it was as if all of our worries had temporarily disappeared.  It was only Zach and I and the fire that constantly burned between us. 

Bang. Bang Bang.

We both jumped apart at the loud knocking on the side of the window.  Turning, I groaned when I seen who it was.  Cara.  And if going by the look on her face was any indication, she was pissed.

Not wanting to deal with her right now I turned back to Zach and buried my face in his shoulder, "Please make her just go away," I muttered.

His light hearted chuckle from above me was like sweet music to my ears.  It opened up my heart in a way that no one but him could have ever have done.  "She's your sister babe, you need to talk to her," Zach relayed in a matter of fact tone.

"She's a bitch," I retorted with my face still buried in his shoulder.  We had never really been able to get along and probably never would.  We were just that different.