Chapter 8 (Zach)

“Whispers of Hope”

Chapter 8 (Zach)

Warm sweet blood filled my mouth as I securely clamped my teeth into my mates shoulder.  Mine, my wolf whispered in my head.  “My mate” was my only thought as I marked Marissa May Combs irrevocably as mine and mine alone.

With my teeth firmly locked into her shoulder holding her motionless against me pictures of Jake touching her creamy skin and then kissing her delicate lips, correction… those were my lips, came to my mind.  With those vivid images assaulting me I instinctively bit down harder into her silky skin needing Marissa to be clear on exactly whom she belonged to, she was now and forever, mine.

Her moan of pleasure was like sweet music to my ears.  Her body sank into me and I savored the feel of my sweet Marissa pressed so intimately against my body.  We were a perfect fit, like two pieces of a puzzle.  We were made for each other and her reaction to me just now proves that simple fact.

After several minutes I slowly released her skin and laved at my handy work.  My mate was now marked and I dare any wolf to try and touch what was mine ever again.  Marissa had easily turned to boneless putty in my arms as I held on to her and loved at my mark. 

My wolf was eager.  He was chomping at the bit to complete the mating but I knew that Marissa wasn’t ready for that.  Not yet.  When the time comes and we take that final step I want Marissa to come to me on her own volition.  After today, I felt sure that she would eventually come.  Hopefully it would be sooner rather than later but however long it took, I would wait.  My heart now belonged to Marissa and that was something that I could no longer deny.

With my tiny mate in my arms I let myself slide to the ground and pulled her onto my lap.  She was still lax from the marking so I pushed her head against my chest and just held onto her for as long as I could, breathing in her tantalizing scent and committing to memory the very feel of her body in my arms.  Mine, she was officially mine.

Several long minutes later Marissa started to move around in my lap.

“Whoa there baby doll” I said to her trying to hold her in place.  “Watch where you’re moving, that’s precious family jewels you’re squirming around on.”

At those words she suddenly stilled and slowly turned to stare me in the eyes.  Every single time I looked into those mesmerizing green emeralds of hers I fall further.  Further in love with Marissa May Combs, if that was even possible.

“You bit me” she said bringing my full attention back to her.  Her tone was controlled but accusing.   

Watching her carefully, I answered truthfully, “Yes, I did” and then I used the pad of my thumb to gently brush across the mark that I had just given her causing her to gasp and shudder.  I couldn’t help but to smile at that reaction.

With out any warming she jumped off my lap.  She tried to stand up but her foot got caught on the edge of a mop bucket and she ended up falling backwards and landing rather ungracefully on her backside.  I reached for her waist to lessen the impact of the fall and was rewarded with a hard smack on my arm.