Chapter 17 (Marissa)

“Whispers of Hope”

2011 © All Rights Reserved  

Chapter 17 (Marissa)

I was lying in the center of his bed completely nude and I wanted him.  I wanted him with a fervor that I didn’t could hold back.  He stalked towards me like a predator eyeing his prey.  His eyes darkened to black and the muscles across his chest rippling with each step.  He was a man with a purpose and I was it.

“Missy, Are you ready for me?” he asked when he stopped at the foot of the bed.  His voice was husky and filled with his want of me.  That fact alone had my stomach doing funny flips.

Curling my lips up at the corners I smiled back at him.  “I want you” I told him and crooked my finger beckoning him to me.  His gaze looked me over from head to toe and if felt as if caressed me with his bare hands.  My skin was heated and all I could think about was Zach and the feelings that he had elicited in me less than an hour ago.

“Oh, You’ll have me baby, all in due time” he said crawling up on the bed.  He was just several inches from me on all fours, staring at me intently.  So slowly, torturously slow he inched towards me.

“Quit teasing me” I told him pointedly.  “It’s not nice” I added with a fake pout.

His chuckle warmed me from the inside out.  “What wasn’t nice was the way that you petted me down stairs in front of my father Missy, not that was teasing.”  Zach was now so close to me that I could feel his warm breath at the arch of my foot.

“I was only trying to return a favor” I said playing the Miss innocent card.  I may have never had sex, but I read enough books and watched enough television to know how to get a man to rise.  And boy it didn’t take much to have Zach standing at attention saluting like a proud general.  

“Hey” I squealed when I felt Zach’s warm mouth press a kiss at my ankle.  I started to pull my foot away when Zach took a hold of it and looked up at me.

“I am going to taste you Missy, taste every inch of your hot little body and your going to enjoy it.” he said grinning deviously before dipping his head back down and proceeding to do exactly as he said.

“Zach…pleassseeee” I begged him to do something.  There was no way that I could take much more of this.

His head lifted and for one single solitary moment when our eyes met it was as if all time stood still.  It was only Zach and I and that was the moment that I knew without a doubt that I belonged to Zach and he belonged to me.  Forever and always we would be together until death did up part.

“I love you” I whispered the words aloud before I realized what I had said.

Zach brought his mouth to mine and as he hovered just a breath from my face he whispered those same words back to me.  “and I love you.  I love you Marissa Mae like I will never love no other.”

With those words said he crashed his mouth to mine and kissed me like he had never kissed me before.  Wrapping my arms around his neck I pulled him closed to me and in the next moment he entered me.  In one smooth stroke he pushed all the way in, deep inside me barreling through my virginal barrier and stilled.

A strangled scream escaped my lips and I felt the hot tear prick at my eyes.  The pain was immense as I tried to comprehend what had just happened.

“I’m sorry baby, I’m so..so sorry” Zach whispered the words at my ears.  He looked up and I could see that he was sincere.  It pained him to hear my agony.  “Sshhh” he said wiping the tear from my face.  “It will ease in just a minute and then I promise, I promise you Marissa that it will be so much better.”

“Breathe baby, in and out…in and out” Zach stated as he caressed the side of my face.  Surprisingly he was right and the sharp sting started to recede almost as quickly as it come and the desire I had before started to renew.

“I’m okay now“, I told him honestly.

Zach searched my face like he was trying to read the truth of my words.  My answer to him was to pull him down and press a kiss against his lips. That was all it took for him to start moving.  

He started slowly, loving me in such a way that I felt cherished like no other.  I could feel my body rising up to some type of crescendo but I had no idea of where it would stop.  His breathing by my ears was haggard and I could tell that he was barely  hanging on to his wolf.  Hell, I barely was.  I could feel her reaching at the top of my skin wanting to be with her mate.  

“Zacch” I called out to him breathlessly. He leaned over me and his scent seeped into my pores like an aphrodisiac.  I felt him moving my hair out of the way and knew what he was getting ready to do.  He pressed a sweet kiss to the junction of my neck before lifting up to my ear.   His tongue licked at a special spot sending my body into systematic shudders.

“Missy” Zach said gutturally “It‘s time” he ordered and bit down at the junction of my shoulder and neck.  

That was what I needed, that was exactly what I had been reaching for.  My whole world exploded in a matter of seconds.   Bright rainbows danced before my eyes as sensation and sensation rolled over me.  Zach called my name at the same time and we both flew into another orbit.  I found myself in a state of euphoria that I never even knew existed.

When it was over and both of us came back to a semblance of reality Zach pulled his weight off of me and kissed my cheek, “Are you okay?” he asked his voice sounding scratchy and hoarse.

I could only chuckle lightly at him.  “More than okay” I told him.  I was beyond okay.  I had never felt better in my life.  The man that owns my heart had just claimed me and I felt a peace that could be put into words.

Zach pulled me around so that he could kiss me again.  This was a tender, loving kiss.  A brush of the lips that told me he felt the same things that I was feeling.  He pulled up for just a moment and told me, “Hang on just a second”.

I frowned when he stood up and walked into the bathroom.  I wanted to curl up beside my mate and live in the moment for just a little longer.  Not watch him walking away from me.  Did I do something wrong, I wondered.

I looked away from the bathroom door, not wanting him to see my distress when he came back.  Maybe I just wasn’t good enough.

I was startled when a warm wash cloth was placed between my legs.  Zach turned me over so that he could clean me and the warmth of the washcloth soothed the soreness that I had just started to realize existed.

Still pressing the warm cloth against my skin Zach leaned over and pressed a kiss on my bare shoulder, “Better?” he asked.

I was at a loss for words.  All I could do was nod at him.  He really did care for me, love me as he said.  He was taking care of me in a way that struck several different chords of my heart.  

The cloth was lifted from me and Zach crawled back in the bed behind me.  He pulled me into his side and once again whispered those special words that I longed to hear, “I love you Marissa Mae and I will love you always.”

I could only smile as my eyes started to droop lazily.  I was sated and exhausted and in the warm arms of my mate.  Sleep was inevitable.  “I love you too Zachary Martin, until the sun no longer rises and the moon refuses to shine, I will always love only you.”

With those final words I closed my eyes to dream sweet dreams and felt Zach’s lips press against the back of my head, “Always babe, always“.  

_______________________________________________________

Waking up thoughts of making love to Zach came back to my mind and I felt my cheeks heat from the memories.  I had never felt so free in my life.  It was so intense yet passionate at the same time.  I lost all abandon with him and it felt down right good.

Turning over I had every intention of snuggling into Zach’s chest and just lying there with him for as long as possible.  One problem, I reached out and there was nothing there, just empty space.   Sitting up I looked around the room which was darkening now as night time approached.

“Where did he go?” I asked myself glancing towards the bathroom.  The door was open but there was no sounds coming from there.  I was getting ready to crawl out of the bed when I realized that I still adorned my birthday suit.  I wrapped the blanket around my nude body and went to stand when the door to his room creaked open and in walked Zach clad in nothing but a pair of jeans carrying a tray of food.  Food that smell delicious.

“Your awake” he said grinning from ear to ear.  Sitting back down on the edge of the bed I tried to hide my own smile.

“Yea” I told him.  “I woke up and you were gone.”

Zach closed the door behind him and strode towards me sitting the tray of food on the table by the bed.  “I’m sorry baby’ he whispered and pressed a kiss on my forehead.  “I was hoping that you would stay asleep so that I could surprise you.”

Zach took a seat beside me and lifted me onto his lap.  “It’s okay” I said softly.  I was now totally aware of his body being so close to mine.  It was like our bodies were in tune with each other, they were humming in synchronization.  It was the strangest feeling but comforting at the same time.

“Here” he said reaching over me to pick up a fork off the tray that he had brought in.  He used it to scoop up some lasagna and brought it to my mouth, “open”.

I obliged because my stomach was suddenly rumbling and the food smelled delicious.  He smiled at me that familiar smile and I wanted to melt into his arms.