Chapter 36

I couldn't resist writing this chapter even though I was about to fall asleep writing it!  I think you'll love it just as much as I do!

Chapter 36

Charlotte

I guess you could say that the movie of my life was coming to a close because the only images that were appearing were of Ian.  I didn’t mind looking at him, though.  All I wanted to do was wrap my arms around him, even if it was in only memories, but they didn’t even let me do that.  It was like a you-can-look-but-you-can’t-touch deal.  

And it totally sucked.  

It especially sucked when my memory Ian didn’t have a shirt on, smiling like he was taunting me, telling me to come and get him.  

I definitely would have if I could.  

Yum.  

But then for some reason, the image of him changed and he looked like he was older somehow, maybe in his mid-twenties.  We were lying on a bed and he was semi-lying on top of me, tracing his finger down my cheek and to my lips.  

“Morning, beautiful,” he said.

“Good morning, my sexy man,” I said, smiling up at him.  

He grinned as he slowly leaned his face down to mine and kissed me softly.  

But then giggling came from the direction of an open door and then two little someones jumped on the bed.  

“Ew, Daddy!  Stop kissing Mommy!” a little voice said.  

I looked beside me to see two little boys sitting beside Ian and I, looking at us and giggling.  They both had dark hair like Ian and they looked like mini versions of him.  The older one, who looked around four, had his green eyes and the younger, who looked maybe about two, had blue eyes.  

Blue eyes like mine.  

“Mommy, why are you letting Daddy kiss you?” the oldest asked.  

Ian moved off of me and grabbed the two little boys.  He started tickling them both, sending them into a round of giggles and turning their faces red.  

“You two are always wanting to give your mommy a kiss.  Why can’t I?” Ian asked, still tickling them both.  I couldn’t stop smiling as I watched.  

He stopped a few moments later and whispered something to the both of them.  When he leaned away from them, they were both nodding and smiling.  And then they bounded across the bed and started kissing me all over my face.  I started laughing as I wrapped my arms around the two of them.  

They were my little boys.  My sons.  I could feel it in my heart.  

“Hey, you two, be careful,” Ian said, lying down beside me and lifting the youngest off me.  “You’re going to squish not only your mommy but your baby sister also.”

Caught off guard at his words, I looked down and saw my pregnant stomach under my white tank top.  And then I felt a flutter of movement and knew it was the baby kicking.  

I looked over at Ian who was holding up the youngest – our youngest – in the air.  The other was still lying beside me, his head tucked underneath my chin.  

“I love you, Mommy,” he said, sitting up and kissing my cheek.  He then moved to kiss my stomach.  “And I love you, baby sister.”

Tears filled my eyes at the scene before me.  I knew this wasn’t real but I really wanted it to be. Really wanted it to be.

I wanted this to be my future.  

The scene started to fade until everything was black.  But I could still hear the laughter…

Wasn't it adorable?!?

Comment, Vote, Like!!!1