Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Ian

“Are you seriously eating yet another turkey sandwich?” Charlie asked me as she hopped up onto the kitchen counter beside me.  “That’s, like, your third one in the last hour.”

“What?  I’m a growing boy!  I’m hungry!” I said, and took another bite.

“Growing boy, my ass!” she said, laughing. 

I narrowed my eyes at her playfully.  “Hey, no talking about your ass,” I said, and moved so that I was standing in between her legs.  “I’m the only one who can talk about it…and look at it…and think about it...and whatever else I want to do with it!”

She rolled her eyes and pressed her forehead against mine.  “You’re so weird, you know that?” she said. 

“Of course, babe,” I said, grinning, and then leaned up to give her a quick kiss. 

It was the day after Thanksgiving and we still had about half of the turkey left that my mom had made.  What better way to get rid of it than to have cold turkey sandwiches?

Charlie, Freddie, her dad, and stepmom had come to our house for Thanksgiving.  We had a lot of fun, eating dinner and playing board games just because we wanted to.  It had to be one of the best Thanksgivings because Charlie was with me. 

The past weeks that she and I had been together had been amazing.  You would think that after spending so much time with someone you wouldn’t want to hang around with them anymore but that wasn’t the case with her.  I wanted to be with her every second of every day.

“So when are your parents and Ellie coming back?” she asked as I took another bite of my sandwich.

“Tomorrow afternoon,” I said with my mouth full.  They were at one of Ellie’s dance competitions and had to stay the night in a hotel because it was a two day thing. 

She shook her head at me, a slight smile on her face, and then stole my sandwich. 

“Hey, no fair!” I said, trying to reach for it before she took a bite.

“Um, that is good!” she said.

I shook my head at her as she handed it back to me.

“Ugh, now I have to throw it away because you’ve been sick!” I said.

She laughed and kissed my cheek.  “You’ve been kissing me the entire time I’ve been sick.  And though I might still be taking my antibiotic, I’m not sick anymore.  I’m just supposed to take it until I run out.  Doctor’s orders,” she said. 

I down at my sandwich, up to her, and then back down at it.  I shrugged.  “True,” I said, and took another bite. 

She laughed again.  “You’re such a dork,” she said. 

Once I finished my last bite of my sandwich, I wiped my hands and then wrapped my arms around her waist. 

“So,” I said.  “What do you want to do?”

“Let’s watch a movie,” she said, wrapping her arms around my neck.

I leaned forward and kissed in the spot just below her ear.  I could feel her pulse rise under my lips and I chuckled, making her shiver. 

“Are you sure you want to watch a movie?” he asked. 

“Yep,” she said.  “I want to watch the new Star Trek movie, the one with that sexy piece of ass Chris Pine.”