Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Ian

Senior year was going to be fucking awesome.  It was finally time for us to rule the school, not that we hadn’t already when we got to Jackson Academy when we were freshmen.  But this year it would be official.

You couldn’t blame people for wanting to be me.  I was rich, popular, had any girl that I wanted, and friends that I’d had since middle school. 

Levi, Cooper, and Carson were my buds.  We did everything together:  went to parties together, got drunk together, and hung out until four in the morning. 

Then there were Audrey and Morgan.  All of us have had both of them and they’re both pretty good I have to say.  Audrey was more of my go-to girl when I needed her.  And she was always willing.  

Most people would call me a player and I’m not ashamed to admit it.  I can’t help it when girls throw themselves at me.  I’m a guy, for Christ sake.  I’m not going to let a hot girl go if she wants me. 

“Hey, loser!” Ellie, my kid sister, yelled from outside my bedroom door.  “You got to get up!”

“Go away!” I yelled back, turning over onto my stomach and burying my face in my pillow.

“Ian, seriously!  You’ve got to get up.  We’ve got to leave in thirty minutes!” she yelled.

I groaned and sat up.  Wiping a hand over my face, I got up and headed for my bathroom.

Twenty minutes later, I headed down to the kitchen where Mom and Dad were sitting at the kitchen table, both reading the paper and drinking coffee.  When they were finished, they switched, smiling at each other.  Ellie was standing beside Maria – our maid-slash-cook – and eating breakfast while she washed the dishes.

“Good morning, Ian,” Mom said, smiling at me as she folded her paper on the table.  “Excited for your last year?”

“And get out of high school?  Of course,” I said, walking over to give her a kiss on the cheek.  I looked over at Ellie and walked over to steal a piece of her toast.

“Hey, don’t take that!” she said, making a grab for it.

I laughed and took a bite.  When I tried to hand it back to her, she pushed me away.

“You’re such a jerk!” she said, narrowing her eyes at me.

“I wouldn’t talk to someone who’s taking you to your first day of high school like that.  You wouldn’t want me to get back at you in front of everyone, would you?”

Her eyes flamed.  “You wouldn’t,” she said through her teeth.

I just shrugged and grabbed my backpack from the floor next to the door of the garage.  “If you don’t hurry up, I’m going to leave you!” I yelled, opening the door. 

“Bye, you two!” Mom yelled as Ellie stomped toward me.

“Have a good first day!” Dad yelled after her.

I hit the garage door opener for my Mercedes G and got in the driver’s seat.  Ellie got in the passenger side and threw her bag in the floor board. 

“Hey, no need to be prissy,” I said, starting the engine and pulling out of the garage. 

“You’re the one who’s pissing me off this morning,” she said, crossing her arms over her chest and glaring at me. 

“Whoa, you’re already acting like you’re in high school now.”

She grinned evilly.  “And I’m only going to get worse,” she said.

I rolled my eyes.  “Yeah, and I can’t wait for that,” I said. 

Ten minutes later we were pulling into the parking lot of the school. 

Jackson Academy was a private school for the wealthy.  Yeah, there were you’re few scholarship kids but everyone stayed away from them because they were total freaks. 

The school used to be an old mansion owned by some rich guy who died in the fifties.  Carl Jackson, who was the founder, bought it and restored it into a school.  It was still, so he did a pretty good job of keeping it.

Levi, Cooper, and Carson were standing in the grass off to the side where we usually hung out when we weren’t in class.  Audrey, Morgan, and a few other girls were with them, draping themselves over them.  I’d been with all of them so there wasn’t any new meat for me to try and get. 

“No one new,” I said, shrugging. 

“God, you’re such a pig.  All of you guys are,” Ellie said, and got out of my Mercedes. 

“You know it!” I said, grabbing my bag. 

I caught up with her and slung my around her neck, rubbing my fist on the top of her hair.

“It took me forever to get it this way!” she screamed.  “Just go away, Ian.  Go play with your girlfriends over there.”

I smirked.  “Oh, I plan to.”

“Ew, way too much information,” she said, walking away from me to met up with her friends by the door.  But suddenly she stopped and turned back to me.  “You know, someday you’re going to meet a girl who will change everything for you.  And, to be honest, I can’t wait to see that happen.”

“That’s not going to happen anytime soon.”

“You never know,” she said, and turned back around. 

Shaking my head, I walked over to the guys. 

“Oh, do we have some news for you,” Carson said, grinning. 

“What?” I asked, grabbing Audrey and kissing her.  She came at me with a vengeance, sticking her tongue in my mouth almost immediately. 

“You’re going to love it,” Levi said when I pulled away from Audrey.  “I really hope she’s just like she was, fat and ugly.  You remember all the names we used to call her?  Remember what we did at the eighth grade winter formal?”

“Fucking genius!” Cooper said, high-fiving him.

“Wait, who are you talking about?” I asked, but I think I already knew.

Carson smirked.  “Just think,” he said.  “Who moved across the world to England right after the winter formal?”

There was only one person who I knew had.

“Charlotte Henry,” he said.  “She’s back.”

***So what do we think?!? Huh?!? Comment, Vote, and Like!!!1***