A Sitting Duck

“I see you two made up? Jer smiled  but Xander’s reaction surprised me he just nodded

“Yep, nothing is going to keep us apart”

“Well I'm happy for  you”  Jer stood in the middle of the movie that we pretended to watch so the Pack would leave us alone “Abi can I have a moment with you?”

“We were kind of in the middle of something” Xander said keeping me melded to his chest, at the moment I wanted nothing more than to stay there forever

“What more can you two do” he looked jokingly at my stomach “ You’ve done everything possible I  only need a moment of her time, Xander can you give me that?”

“Not today ok? Maybe tomorrow or something”

“Why not all you’re doing is acting like complete children”  

“What I do with my mate, in my living room is my business” he didn’t say it rudely just matter of factly

“You’re an Alpha you should act better”

“Are you questioning how I lead?” Xander merely tilted his head cocking an eyebrow “Because of what I do with my mate in the privacy of my home?”

“You’re out of line Jeremiah”

“I’m sorry I just don’t think you should monopolize her, she has friends”

“She’s also carrying my children who need me around a lot more often especially because I'm leaving tomorrow”

“You are? Where are you going? When are you coming back?”

“I have to go meet with Alpha Lucas of the Shadow Bound Pack I’ll be back in a week”

I pout and he  frowns “ I'm sorry I know it’s bad timing but I can’t just send Clay for this one, look I’ll be home in no time  and we’ll go ice skating”

I smile “ You mean it?”

“I promise”   When we turn to talk to Jer he was gone and it gave me an eerie feeling “Abi, I want you to be safe ok? Don’t go anywhere without Miranda or Dylan I really don’t want you to even leave the house but you’re not my prisoner so that’s all I need to be more at ease”

“Ok then that’s what I’ll do, I'm gonna miss you though”

“Me too Ab”

************
 By morning Xander was gone and it left me feeling somewhat empty, I awoke to his beta standing in the doorway “Good morning Luna Abigail is there anything I can get you to eat?”

I look down sheepishly “a bowl of cereal with chocolate pieces”

“Xander was right, your cravings are strange” he smiled reassuringly at me “I’ll be right back with it”

I hated to be in this room without him, suddenly my phone rang so I leapt as best as I could in my balloon state and retrieved it from the nightstand “Hello?”

“Hi Butterfly, have you missed me yet?”

“Ever since I woke up without you”

“Just imagine me falling on my face in the ice, whenever you start to miss me”

I chuckled “That was pretty funny”

“I could have been severely injured, and I did it all in the name of love, some people just can’t seem to appreciate a man’s dedication”

“ Leave it to you to make me smile when I want to cry”

“Don’t cry Abi I didn’t abandon you, I’ll be back next Thursday I’ll call you  as many times a day I can”

I nod appreciatively at Clayton  who handed me the bowl before exiting as quietly as he came “ I love you Abi and I love our pups”

“We love you too”

 When I hung up I jump back  startled by Jeremiah’s sudden presence  for some reason, lately he’s been giving me the creeps I cant place why “Hi Jer”

“Hi Abi want to go for a run?”

“uh, sure just us?”

“Yeah just us” 

I hop off the bed and follow him out into the forest edge before shifting
lead the way’

I don’t trust this,  Abi why would he wait until Xander’s gone to go for a run?

Don’t know but I have to figure it out’

is it worth losing our pups to figure it out?

We’re not going to die Estelle quit being a drama Queen.

You better pray I'm wrong

You are, Jer would never hurt us