Chapter 14

Zayn's POV:

I fell asleep in Harry's arms with a huge smile on my face; he hadn't kicked me out and I was completely grateful. Throughout out this whole thing I had been hit with the realization that I had fallen in love with my best friend. Harry's arms tightened around me and I felt safe. I let my walls come down and I could tell Harry was relieved. The next thing I had to do was work up the courage to tell him. 

                      *        *       *        *

I woke up in awkward position, half on the floor, half on the couch.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty!" Harry's voice sang.

 "Hi.." I mumbled, standing up and cracking my back.

 "I made BLTs!" He announced, coming into the living room with 2 plates of BLTs.

"Smells amazing!" I smiled, taking a plate from him. We sat on the couch, watching cartoons and eating. Harry smiled at me as I talked and I kept stumbling over my words every time I looked at him. After we ate, we decided to get out of the house. I drove us to the nearby park and we walked through the woods to the lake. I scooted closer to Harry and intertwined our hands. I looked at him and he looked back, a smile on his face.

"You're amazing, you know?" I said, feeling myself blush.

 "So are you." He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer, planting his lips on mine. He picked up a rock and skipped it across the lake, his face lighting up when it skipped 5 times. That led us to spend the day having a rock skipping contest, where he won. Walking back to the car, I held his hand and there was a smile glued to both our faces.

"Close your eyes." I told Harry as we got in the car.

"Why?" He laughed and covered his eyes.

"It's a surprise." I drove for a good half hour to the city and pulled into the restraunt. "Ok. Open your eyes." I said, a huge smile on my face. Harry opened his eyes and gasped.

"Skylons?!" He looked at me. "Zayn, you don't have to!" I put my hand on his cheek, running my thumb across his skin.

"Yes, I do. I owe you." He smiled and with that, we walked into the restraunt, hand in hand.

                 *       *       *       * 

Harry and I changed into sweats and got into his bed. I laid under the covers, my hands behind my head. Harry sat next to me and looked around, a thoughtful look on his face.

 "Zayn, I was thinking... My room is a lot bigger.. What if we got a bigger bed and this.. this could be OUR room?" He said quickly as he played with the bottom of his pants and I grabbed his hand. "I love that idea, baby." He blushed and I leaned forward, kissing him. We wrapped ourselves in each other's arms and fell into a peaceful sleep

                . *           *           *

Hands traced circles on my hip and I slowly opened my eyes. Harry was perched up on his elbow, a small smile on his face.

 "Hey baby." He whispered.

 "Hey."

 "I made you breakfast." He said, pecking me on the cheek and got up, coming back with a plate of food.

 "Thanks." I ate faster than I meant to and placed the plate on the dresser.

"Yesterday was amazing, Zayn." Harry said, running a hand through his hair.

 "Good. I'm glad you liked it." He just smiled, looking at the sheets. "I'm going to go take a shower." I said, kissing him and going into the bathroom. As I showered, I couldn't help but smile; I have never been so happy before in my life. I wrapped a towel around my waist and walked back to Harry's room to find him hanging upside down on his bed.

 "You smell amazing." He said. I laughed and pulled on a pair of jeans, dropping the towel to the floor. "Come 'ere." Harry said, almost pleadingly. I walked over to the bed and Harry wrapped his arms around my neck. He smiled before placing his lips on mine, pulling me onto the bed. I felt hesitant to touch him but my hands soon found their way to his hair as his found my hips. My tongue entered his mouth and he pushed me onto my back, getting on top. Then the phone rang. Harry groaned into the kiss but didn't stop, instead he moved down my neck. It kept ringing. 

"Harry, go answer the phone." I moaned and he reluctantly obliged. He came back with a confused look on his face and handed me the phone.

"For you." I took it from him.

"Hello?"

 "Hello, is this Zayn Malik?"

 "Uh.. yes?"

"This is Dr. Greene. I'm calling you about your father." I probably should've been angered, but instead I was just confused.

"What about him?" Harry looked at me, mouthing 'whats going on?'

"He has passed away, sir." My heart seemed to stop.

 "Wait, w-what? How?" Harry's eyes widened and cocked his head to the side, placing his hand on my arm.

 "He, um... had brain cancer, sir." The doctor replied.

"Oh." I was speechless, my heart sinking.

"Um.. You won't have to pay for funeral costs, his insurance will cover it."

 "Thank you.." I said with a shaky breath.

 "I'll keep in touch. I'm sorry for your loss." I hung up and the phone fell to the floor.

"Zayn. what's wrong?!" Harry asked, grabbing my face. 

"M-my dad... He's...he's gone." I met his eyes. "He's dead Harry." Instantly, Harry wrapped his arms around me. I tried to pushed him off, anger, sadness and guilt suffocating me. His grip tightened around me and I couldn't hold the tears back. They flowed down my cheeks, falling on to the front of my shirt. "Harry, he's gone. I...I told him I never wanted to s-see him again... Oh god." I cried harder. Part of me felt like I shouldn't even be upset about this.

"Sh...Sh...Baby, don't beat yourself up. Its ok, I''m here." Harry soothed. I continued to cry for what seemed like hours and he just held me. He lifted my chin with his finger and brought my face up to his. He wiped his tears away and kissed me, gently but passionately and my heart started racing. He pulled back and looked at me, a hand cupping my cheek. 

"Make me forget, Harry..."