Chapter 2

Zayn's POV:

*11 years later*

I woke up to the piercing sound of my alarm and groaned, rubbing my eyes. I stared up at the ceiling and rubbed my temples, trying to ease the pounding headache I suddenly had. It didn't help when I stood up; the room seemed to start spinning. 

 "Shit..." I whispered as I pulled on a pair of sweats. Slowyly, I made my way downstairs and got a glass of water from the kitchen. Footsteps came from the stairs and I turned around to see Harry coming downstairs, followed by a guy who was pulling a shirt on over his head. The other guy gave Harry a small wink before he left out our front door. Harry sat down at the table, shaking his head with a small laugh, causing his curls to swoop to the side. 

"Hey Zayn." He said with a smile. I grunted a response and sat across from him, rubbing my temples again.

"You alright?" He asked and I just nodded.

 "Just a headache." Harry shook his head and got up, going into the cabinet. He slid me a cup of water, even though I already had one in my hand, and 2 pills. I smiled smugly and took them, looking at him from over the rim of the cup. He had a small smile on his face as he sat down again and I couldn't help but smile too.

 "Thanks." I said.

"After we get home from work, wanna go to the club again?" Harry asked as he got back up and walked over to the sink, washing his hands.

"Eh. Not tonight... Maybe tomorrow. We can just stay in tonight, watch a movie?" I suggested. I was definitely not in shape to go out again after two nights of partying. 

 "Sure!" He said excitedly.

"Cool. I'm gonna shower and get ready." I said, standing up.

 "I'll make us breakfast!" I smiled as I walked up the stairs. I loved when Harry cooked; he was amazing. If Harry and I didn't live together, I would have been screwed because I can't cook. Plus, it was awesome to live with your best friend. 

Harry and I have been friends since we were 5, when we met in kindergarten. He was always like my little brother, and I always protected him; especially when he came out. As soon as we were 17, we moved out of our houses and moved in together. After my shower, I threw on black dress pants and a light blue button down shirt. I quiffed my hair and went back downstairs, being greeted by the delicious smell of Harry's cooking.